|(image via Instagram)|
Some news items you might have missed:
• Official ‘Summer Ambassador’ Joey Hornyak (above) says “Summer is closely coming to an end. The best way to max out the beautiful days that remain is to kick back pool-side with a Grey Goose cocktail in hand.” I ain’t mad… 😉
• After announcing a new category – “Outstanding Achievement in Popular Film” – the Academy for Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences has scrapped the idea, clearly meant to pander to a TV audience.
• NBC has announced a new Law & Order spin-off that will focus entirely on hate crimes.
• Dulles Airport has rolled out a new facial recognition system to check fliers into their flights in an effort to forego paper or phone-based boarding passes.
• A far-right anti-LGBT presidential candidate in Brazil was stabbed during a campaign stop.
• Twitter has finally permanently banned InfoWars nutjob Alex Jones for his off-the-wall, crazy-tunes antics.
• MNEK drops his latest single, “Correct,” just days before he releases his debut album, Language.
It’s an imaginative and powerful statement from a man who’s been in the music industry for 10 years.
While “Correct” openly addresses the pressure of delivering his debut, he openly expresses the struggles of being an out, gay, black man in this ever-challenging “Crazy World.”
Check out “Correct” below.