Pop star Jessie J shares this stunning living room concert moment via Instagram singing ‘Defying Gravity’ from Wicked! Continue reading “Mid-Day Brain Break: Jessie J Slays “Defying Gravity””
GRAMMY Award-nominated multi-platinum pop superstar JESSIE J joins forces with GRAMMY, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning Billy Porter to release “I Want Love (twocolors Remix)” via LAVA/Republic Records. Continue reading “New Music: Jessie J & Billy Porter “I Want Love (twocolors remix)””
Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunk of the Day: Sean Andrew Sanders
• A Navy pilot drew a big penis in the sky and everyone is talking about it.
• If you ever get down about a mistake or misstep you’ve made lately, remind yourself that at least you’re not this guy:
• Congrats to Allison Ikley-Freeman, an openly lesbian married woman who was just elected to Oklahoma state senate in a district that Donald Trump won in last year’s presidential election.
• Remember this Australian couple who said they would divorce if marriage equality came to Australia? No word yet on whether they intend on following through on that…
• “I love my body/I love my skin/I am a goddess/I am a queen,” sings Jessie J on her latest single, “Queen.” The self-empowerment-themed mid-tempo is from her upcoming album R.O.S.E. (Realizations, Obsessions, Sex and Empowerment). Listen below.
Currently on tour with sold-out dates in Europe, Canada, and the U.S., Jessie J gives us “Not My Ex” in advance of her upcoming new album, R.O.S.E.
The initials stand for Realizations, Obsessions, Sex, and Empowerment.
Announcing the video, Jessie J shared on Instagram, “I pressed record and was in the room by myself,” she explained. “No editing. One straight take.”
I found the simple, black and white, one take performance really made me lean in and listen to the song. Great idea.
And her earnest performance lays a range of emotions bare.
Watch Jessie J’s “Not My Ex” below.
Anticipation is growing as we get closer to the premiere of Fox’s Grease Live! on January 31.
The title song, “Grease”, written by Barry Gibb and sung for the film by Franki Valli, is going to be sung by Jessie J, and the producers are sharing this first listen to the new treatment.
Jessie J will begin the show singing the song live – but of course, there has to be a studio version 🙂
Said Jessie in a studio interview (check the interview clip below):
“There’s no pressure like being the first one on stage. I love that rush of the nerves I’m going to get, I just feel very honored and very lucky that I’ve been asked to experience something like this. It’s a massive moment for me and I’m very happy that I’m getting to share it with such amazing people. I’m keeping it as close to the melody as possible because the fans that love Grease that are going to see the show, I don’t want to make it too different. But I’ve definitely kind of thrown in what I kind of like to do, which is a lot of this and a lot of this. Just put a little bit of me in it.”
Grease Live! stars Julianne Hough as Sandy, Aaron Tveit as Danny Zuki. Also, Vanessa Hudgen as Rizzo, Keke Palmer as Pink Lady Marty Maraschino, Carlos PenaVega as Kenickie, Carly Rae Jepsen and Frenchy, Ana Gasteyer as Principal McGee, Eve Plumb (Jan Brady) as Mrs. Murdock, Boyz II Men as Teen Angel, and Didi Conn (the original Frenchy) as Vi.