Some news items you might have missed:
• Fitness trainer Terron Beckham (above) was giving you all kinds of super-hero vibes on New Years Day. #woof
• Two men have been arrested in connection with a Christmas holiday murder that left a lesbian couple and their two of their three children dead in upstate New York.
• Watching CNN’s coverage of New Year’s Eve, I felt like Anderson Cooper and new co-host Andy Cohen lacked the right chemistry for what is normally an upbeat broadcast. It looks like a lot of the Twitterverse agreed with my assessment. But CNN’s Don Lemon kissing his bf on the air was fun 🙂
Don Lemon kissing his boyfriend – whom he met last year in same bar – live on #CNNNYE 💜 Love is real in 2018! pic.twitter.com/cUDe4nbhVk
— Jillian Sederholm (@JillianSed) January 1, 2018
• The Advocate has an excellent article on flexing the power of the LGBT community’s trillion dollar economic clout. First step, support LGBT-owned companies. Second, read the article.
• After filling in for over a month for the departed Matt Lauer (fired for alleged sexual misconduct), Hoda Kotb was named co-anchor of “Today” on this morning. She will headline the 7-9AM segment of the morning show with Savannah Guthrie, as well as continue to host the 10AM hour with Kathie Lee Gifford.
• Platinum-selling recording artist BØRNS releases his latest track, “God Save Our Young Blood feat. Lana Del Rey,” ahead of his sophomore album Blue Madonna which is set for release on January 12, 2018.
If you were to suppose BØRNS and Lana Del Rey seems like a totally logical teaming, you’d be right. Listen below.