Trump Dismiss Yet Another Cabinet Member #NoChaosWhiteHouse

“You’re fired!” says Donald Trump to VA Secretary Shulkin

President Trump dismisses yet another Cabinet member!

The President announced via Twitter that Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin is out and that he is nominating his physician Dr. Ronny Jackson to replace him.

From The New York Times:

After weeks of uncertainty atop the Department of Veterans Affairs, President Trump said on Wednesday he plans to replace its secretary, David J. Shulkin, with Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, the White House physician and a rear admiral in the Navy.

The announcement punctuated what has been a sharp fall from favor for Dr. Shulkin, a politically moderate former hospital executive, who delivered Mr. Trump a string of bipartisan legislative victories at a time when he was struggling to find them. And it adds to a significant shake-up of Mr. Trump’s senior staff, which has already included the secretary of state, director of the C.I.A. and the president’s national security adviser.

The secretary’s prospects dimmed last month after the department’s inspector general issued a report describing “serious derelictions” related to a trip Dr. Shulkin took last year to Britain and Denmark. The report found that Shulkin spent much of the trip sightseeing, charged first class travel for his wife and improperly accepted Wimbledon tickets as a gift.

But there is no CHAOS in the White House. This is peeeeeerfectly normal. #Not

Rob Porter Was Under Consideration For WH Promotion When Domestic Abuse Allegations Made Public

Well, the news is not getting any better for the White House today.

In the aftermath of today’s revelation that the FBI informed the White House months ago that there were serious domestic abuse reports regarding former staff secretary Rob Porter, now comes word that he was in the process of being considered for a promotion even in light of his ex-wives’ testimony of physical abuse.

From CNN:

His anticipated elevation further highlights how top White House officials were willing to overlook indications from the FBI that there were potential abuse allegations in his background in exchange for professional competence in a tumultuous West Wing.

Porter had been actively lobbying to take on new policy portfolios outside the traditional scope of the staff secretary, one person familiar with the matter said, which included speechwriting duties and a role in planning policy rollouts. Neither of those tasks is traditionally carried out by the staff secretary.
One of the areas Porter was set to delve further into was trade policy, according to the person. Porter was a regular attendee at a weekly trade meeting among top-level administration officials.

He was also being considered for the deputy chief of staff position, another source familiar with the situation said. CNN reported Friday that Jim Carroll, who served as the deputy chief of staff for less than three months, was stepping down to helm the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

So, we know Chief of Staff John Kelly knew of the abuse allegations in January. But even so, Kelly would have promoted Porter if the press hadn’t reported on his ex-wives’ reports of abuse???

You can watch the video report on CNN here.

Politico: Day-To-Day Turmoil In A Twitter-Driven White House

Donald Trump

Politico has an article up describing the turmoil living inside a Twitter-driven White House:

President Donald Trump’s White House and Defense Department lawyers had warned him against the transgender military ban for days. They were concerned about the ramifications of the policy, how military officials would respond and what legal backlash it could cause, two West Wing officials familiar with last month’s discussions said. The lawyers thought there would be plenty of time for more discussions and were analyzing arguments.

Frustrated with being “slow-walked,” in the words of one White House official, the president took to Twitter last week — jarring many in the West Wing out of complacency and startling his lawyers, Defense Department officials and West Wing aides, who learned of the change in a series of tweets.

“After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military,” Trump began.

The administration had no plan in place, but Trump told others they would have to “get in gear” if he announced the ban first, one White House adviser who spoke to Trump said. He also said the announcement would stop the lawyers from arguing with him anymore. There is still no plan in place, and Defense Department officials have said they won’t implement the ban until guidance is given.

[snip]

Advisors believed for days that Trump was likely to pick John Pistole as FBI director. Inside the administration, three officials said, there was little initial support for Christopher Wray, the former FBI official who was New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s attorney in the bridge-closing controversy. “No one really was pushing for Wray,” one senior administration official said.

After talking extensively with Christie, who sold Trump on the former FBI official’s bona fides as a lawyer, Trump decided to go with Wray without telling others on staff, advisers said. White House officials waking up to the tweet were startled, and hurriedly wrote a news release to correspond to it. Much of the president’s inner circle knew little about Wray. Trump was simply tired of the search, these people said.

The Mooch Is Loose – “Cut Loose” As White House Comm Director

Snork!

According to the New York Times, the removal comes at the request of newly-installed Chief of Staff John F. Kelly:

President Trump has decided to remove Anthony Scaramucci from his position as communications director, three people close to the decision said Monday, relieving him just days after Mr. Scaramucci unloaded a crude verbal tirade against other senior members of the president’s senior staff.

Mr. Scaramucci’s abrupt removal came just 10 days after the wealthy New York financier was brought on to the West Wing staff, a move that convulsed an already chaotic White House and led to the departures of Sean Spicer, the former press secretary, and Reince Priebus, the president’s first chief of staff.

The decision to remove Mr. Scaramucci, who had boasted about reporting directly to the president not the chief of staff, John F. Kelly, came at Mr. Kelly’s request, the people said. Mr. Kelly made clear to members of the White House staff at a meeting Monday morning that he is in charge.

It was not clear whether Mr. Scaramucci will remain employed at the White House in another position or will leave altogether.

CNN adds that Kelly asked for Scaramucci to be removed as the communications director because he did not think he was “disciplined” and had “burned his credibility.”

Scaramucci reportedly missed the birth of his son last week to have dinner with President Trump. The Mooch texted congrats to his wife.

But remember – “no WH chaos!:”