|Anthony Bowens (via Instagram)|
Some news items you might have missed:
• Pro wrestler and InstaHunk Anthony Bowens (above) points out that “Summer is heating up…” One look at that pic and you know why 😉
• ABC News: Thanks to a police tip line, authorities say they have apprehended a suspect, 20-year-old Tyresse Singleton, who allegedly set fire to a rainbow flag outside of a Harlem gay bar. Gov. Andrew Cuomo had directed the State Hate Crimes Unit to assist in the investigation
• USA Today: Posters featuring U.S. women’s soccer star Megan Rapinoe were vandalized with homophobic slurs at a New York City subway station Monday evening.
• FOX9: The mayor of Columbia Heights, Minnesota, is facing calls of homophobia because she won’t sign-off on a Pride event proclamation. The mayor claims the local LGBTQ organization failed to follow (brand-new) guidelines for proclamations.
• NBC News: Kentucky Democratic Senate candidate Amy McGrath raised more than $2.5 million in the first 24 hours of her campaign against Mitch McConnell. McGrath campaign manager Mark Nickolas said it’s the most ever raised in the first 24 hours of a Senate campaign.
• The Advocate: Michael Johnson, convicted in 2015 for one felony charge of “knowingly” transmitting HIV to one man and four charges of exposing four other men to the virus who didn’t contract it, was released this week 25 years early. His lawyers won an appeal after showing that prosecutors failed to turn over significant evidence. Because the charges he pleaded to fell under health statutes, Johnson will not be required to register as a sex offender.
• Out artist Billy Winn says the songs on his new EP, Dreamland II, are based on the idea that “it’s all fun and games until someone catches feelings.”
The first single from the EP, “Another Broken Heart,” an EDM/dance track, was inspired by circumstances in his own life, adding, “It’s a dance track with a strong, relatable message about something we’ve all been through at least once.”
Check out the new single below, and for more info head to BillyWinn.com.