Alabama Senior Arrested For Threats Regarding Pride Flag At Hair Salon

An 83-year-old man in Alabama has been arrested and charged after leaving a threatening note on the door of a hair salon flying a rainbow flag.
James Willoughby Wood (mug shot)

An 83-year-old man in Alabama has been arrested and charged after leaving a threatening note on the door of a hair salon flying a rainbow flag.

AL.com reports that police identified James Willoughby Wood using surveillance footage which showed the senior leaving a note at the salon.

“This is not San Francisco or downtown Birmingham,” read the note in all caps. “This is Homewood which is a religious and family city. We suggest that you remove that flag before it is too late. We are concerned citizens. Good Bye.”

Before it is too late…

The owner of the salon, Issam Bajalia, found the note after returning from attending World Pride in New York City.

“We’re just very disappointed because our only crime (according to) this person is we have a rainbow flag in front of our building,” Bajalia told AL.com. “My thing is what is so offensive about a rainbow or a flag and how does this disrupt your religious journey?”

Due to the threatening nature of the note, an employee reported the message to the police.

Wood was picked out of a lineup and charged with misdemeanor harassment. His bond was set at $300.

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Taking A Sudden ‘Vacation’

After receiving a lot of backlash for declaring white supremacy in America to be a "hoax," Fox News' Tucker Carlson announced last night that he will be taking a vacation.
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson

After receiving a lot of backlash for declaring white supremacy in America to be a “hoax,” Fox News’ Tucker Carlson announced last night that he will be taking a vacation.

How convenient…

CNN contacted Fox News spokesperson about the trip and was told it had been in the works before Carlson had made his incendiary remarks.

According to the spokesperson, Carlson will return to his show on August 19.

But, as CNN points out, there is a long history of Fox hosts going on vacation amid controversy:

• Laura Ingraham was suddenly absent in March 2018 after mocking Parkland survivor and gun control activist David Hogg.

• Sean Hannity conveniently took personal time in May 2017 after losing advertisers for promoting the Seth Rich conspiracy theory.

• Jesse Watters made for the hills in April 2017 after making a comment widely criticized as lewd about Ivanka Trump.

• And who can forget Bill O’Reilly, who left and never returned from vacay in April 2017 after the New York Times reported he had settled five sexual harassment allegations for millions of dollars?

On Netflix’s ‘Blown Away’ – “The Glory Hole Is Really Important”

For those who may not know, Blown Away is the new series on Netflix featuring ten contestants in a glass blowing competition. The ultimate winner is crowned "Best in Blow." Netflix tweeted this short video today delving into the importance of a "glory hole," which we all know is a furnace where the glass blowers reheat their glass.
(screen capture)

I don’t know who runs the Twitter account for Netflix, but I laughed out loud over this post.

For those who may not know, Blown Away is the new series on Netflix featuring ten contestants in a glass blowing competition. The ultimate winner is crowned “Best in Blow.”

Netflix tweeted this short video today delving into the importance of a “glory hole,” which we all know is a furnace where the glass blowers reheat their glass.

As you can see in the clip, glory holes come up a lot in the show.

“So, when I got in the glory hole…”

“We get assigned a glory hole…”

“But we had spent too much time outside the glory hole…”

“It got too big to go back into the glory hole…”

After three recent mass shootings, I can laugh at some gay-centric humor, ok? LOL

Tommy Lee Trolls Trumpsters With Rainbow White House & Gay Disney Characters

When Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee trolls Trump supporters, he ain’t playing. In a message posted to his Twitter account, Lee jokingly warns Trumpsters to pray liberals “never gain control of the WH again.”
Tommy Lee (image via YouTube/HoldMeDown)

When Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee trolls Trump supporters, he ain’t playing.

In a post to his Twitter account, Lee shares an image of an epic rant which jokingly warns Trumpsters to pray liberals “never gain control of the WH again.”

The text goes on to list possible payback for “all of this sh*t.”

Among options listed in the rant are:

• Putting Planned Parenthoods on every corner

• Painting Air Force One “p*ssy hat pink” and flying it back and forth across the Bible Belt while “tossing birth control pills, condoms & atheist literature from the cockpit.”

• Taxing megachurches to the point Joel Osteen will have to find employment at Chick-Fil-A

• And speaking of the infamously anti-LGBTQ fast-food restaurant, Lee thinks anyone who was “tortured with conversion therapy” should be given a franchise where the McPence sandwich – “a boiled unseasoned chicken breast that you have to eat in the closet with your mother” – will be sold.

• To solve mass shootings, Lee imagines gathering up all the guns, melting them down and turning them “into a gargantuan metal mountain emblazoned with the face of Hillary Clinton.”

• All parks would be renamed Rosa Parks, after the civil rights icon.

• And then there’s the redecorating that would occur at the White House. “After we fumigate the WH, we’re repainting the whole thing rainbow.”

The Methods of Mayhem rocker concludes with a promise: “Every single time a Trumpster complains about any of the changes, we’re adding an openly gay character to a Disney movie.”

BOOM!

The rant’s origin seems to be from a Reddit post in July of 2018.

Diabetic, In US Since 6-Months-Old, Dies In Iraq After Being Deported By Trump Administration

The Trump administration deported a man who had lived in America since he was six months old to Iraq where he has died from lack of access to insulin.

The Trump administration deported a man who had lived in America since he was six months old to Iraq where he has died from lack of access to insulin.

The man knew no one in Iraq, nor did he speak the language. He had never been there.

From Politico:

A 41-year-old Detroit man deported to Iraq in June died Tuesday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and two people close to the man’s family.

The man, Jimmy Aldaoud, spent most of his life in the U.S., but was swept up in President Donald Trump’s intensified immigration enforcement efforts.

Edward Bajoka, an immigration attorney who described himself as close to Aldaoud’s family, wrote on Facebook that the death appeared to be linked to the man’s inability to obtain insulin in Baghdad to treat his diabetes. Aldaoud was an Iraqi national, but he was born in Greece and came to the U.S. as a young child, his family friend said. He had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, according to Bajoka.

[snip]

Aldaoud spoke about his deportation in an undated video posted to Facebook this week. In the video, he appears to be sitting on a sidewalk stoop in Baghdad.

“Immigration agents pulled me over and said I’m going to Iraq,” he said. “I said, ‘I’ve never been there. I’ve been in this country my whole life, since pretty much birth.’ … They refused to listen to me.”

Aldaoud said in the video that he had been homeless, vomiting because of a lack of access to insulin and unable to speak the language in Iraq. He also said he had been kicked while sleeping in the street.

“I begged them,” he said of his conversations with ICE agents. “I said, ‘Please, I’ve never seen that country, I’ve never been there.’ However, they forced me.”

(h/t Boy Culture)

Montana Man Says He Fractured Boy’s Skull ‘On Orders From President Trump’

L-R Donald Trump, Curt Brockway

Yesterday, I reported on a Montana man who picked up a 13-year-old boy and slammed him to the ground for not removing his hat during the national anthem at a state fair.

The boy had to be airlifted to a hospital where he was diagnosed with a fractured skull and his ears bled for over six hours.

The lawyer for the accused assaulter now says his client, 39-year-old Curt Brockway, believed he was acting on orders from President Trump.

From The Billings Gazette:

The attorney for a 39-year-old man charged with assaulting a child who didn’t take his hat off for the national anthem says his client, compromised by a traumatic brain injury, believes he was acting on an order from President Donald Trump.

Superior resident Curt Brockway was charged Monday with felony assault on a minor. His defense attorney, Lance Jasper, told the Missoulian Wednesday the president’s “rhetoric” contributed to the U.S. Army veteran’s disposition when he choke-slammed a 13-year-old, fracturing his skull, at the Mineral County fairgrounds on Aug. 3.

“His commander in chief is telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn a flag, they should be punished,” Jasper said. “He certainly didn’t understand it was a crime.”

(h/t JoeMyGod)

Trump Considering Commuting Convicted Gov’s Sentence Because “Many” Politicians Have Sold Senate Seats

Donald Trump

Donald Trump told reporters during a flight on Air Force One he is considering giving former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich either a pardon or commutation of a 14-year prison sentence.

Blagojevich, a former “Apprentice” contestant (he didn’t win), was convicted of trying to sell Barack Obama’s Senate seat when he became president.

From the New York Times:

In remarks aboard Air Force One, Mr. Trump described the incriminating phone call in which Mr. Blagojevich, a Democrat, was taped discussing selling the seat as mostly a minor offense and something “many” politicians have done.

The move is likely to face steep blowback, since Mr. Blagojevich’s crime has long been seen as the epitome of the kind of pay-to-play that Mr. Trump has claimed he wanted to stop when he took office.

“I thought he was treated unbelievably unfairly; he was given close to 18 years in prison,” Mr. Trump said. “And a lot of people thought it was unfair, like a lot of other things — and it was the same gang, the Comey gang and all these sleaze bags that did it. And his name is Rod Blagojevich. And I’m thinking about commuting his sentence.”

Speaking on the plane on Wednesday, the president noted: “He’s been in jail for seven years over a phone call where nothing happens — over a phone call which he shouldn’t have said what he said, but it was braggadocio you would say. I would think that there have been many politicians — I’m not one of them by the way — that have said a lot worse over the telephone.”

The FBI recorded Blagojevich during a telephone call discussing plans to sell the Senate seat. “I’ve got this thing, and it’s f*cking golden,” Blagojevich said during the recorded conversation. “I’m not just giving it up for nothing.”

The Times reports that Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is supportive of the commutation and apparently thinks it will be ‘popular’ with Democrats.

It’s important to note that Blagojevich’s case was handled by former FBI Director James Comey and Robert Mueller. With that in mind, it’s easy to see this as a big f*ck you to the two men Trump despises.

News Round-Up: August 7, 2019

Rodiney Santiago (via Instagram)

Some news items you might have missed:

InstaHunks: Show of hands – who would love to be in Bora Bora right now with Rodiney Santiago? #MeMePickMe #ClothesAreSexyToo

Las Vegas: Wendell Melton, charged with killing his 17-year-old son, Giovanni Melton, for being gay, has been released on $200,000 bail and placed on house arrest as he awaits trial.

Twitter: Footage from a Tuscon City Council meeting Tuesday night has led to a man’s response to pro-Trumpers protesting a sanctuary city measure on the November ballot going viral as #GreenShirtGuy thanks to his uncontrollable laughter.

CNN: White House officials rejected efforts by the Department of Homeland Security for more than a year to make combating domestic terror threats, such as those from white supremacists, a greater priority.

NY Daily News: The 23-year-old founder of Students for Trump, John Lambert, pleaded guilty Tuesday to creating a website for a fake law firm pretending to be a graduate of NYU Law School and 15 years of experience in corporate and patent law. He proceeded to scam ‘clients’ of more than $46,000. He faces up to 20 years in prison.

Out Music: Jesus goes to Pride in this new music video, “Macy,” from queer recording artist AMO.

Drawing inspiration from songwriters like Amy Winehouse, Tracy Chapman, and Kurt Cobain, AMO blends elements of pop, rock, soul, country, and blues.

The music video for ‘MACY’ was inspired by AMO’s time as a member of the Mormon Church. AMO wanted to create a sympathetic portrait of a queer Christ figure attending a PRIDE parade along with up-and-coming artists as members of the 12 apostles.

Joe Biden: “This President Has Fanned The Flames Of White Supremacy”

Former Vice President Joe Biden forcefully denounced Donald Trump's ducking of any responsibility regarding the spate of mass shootings in the U.S.

Former Vice President Joe Biden forcefully denounced Donald Trump’s ducking of any responsibility regarding the spate of mass shootings in the U.S.

From Jonathan Capehart of the Washington Post:

In a fiery and blunt speech slamming the tenor, tone and words of President Trump as the nation reels from white nationalist domestic terrorism, former vice president Joe Biden reminded all of us of what a presidential president sounds like.

His words were stirring. His delivery was passionate. And they were befitting a man who kicked off his campaign with a video decrying Trump’s shameful response to Charlottesville.

From Biden’s speech:

How far is it from Trump’s saying this “is an invasion” to the shooter in El Paso declaring, quote, “this attack is in response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas”? How far apart are those comments?

How far is it from white supremacists and Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville — Trump’s “very fine people” — chanting “You will [not] replace us” – to the shooter at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh saying, “we’re committing genocide” — Jews are committing genocide — on his people. I don’t think it’s that far at all.

It’s both clear language and in code, this president has fanned the flames of white supremacy in this nation.

Puerto Rico Gets 3rd Governor In Less Than A Week

Puerto Rico now has its 3rd governor in less than a week after the island territory’s Supreme Court ruled Pedrio Pierluisi’s swearing in was unconstitutional.

From the Washington Post:

The ruling cleared the way for Justice Secretary Wanda Vázquez Garced to become governor. Vázquez Garced, who faces widespread mistrust from Puerto Ricans and previously said she did not want the job, was sworn in at 5 p.m. Wednesday.

“Puerto Rico needs certainty and stability,” Vázquez Garced said in a statement. “Our actions will be directed to that end and will always be first.”

Before he resigned on Friday in response to massive protests, embattled former governor Ricardo Rosselló appointed Pierluisi as secretary of state, the next in line for the governor’s seat. But only Puerto Rico’s House approved Pierluisi’s nomination before he was sworn in as governor on Friday.

Rosselló and Pierluisi pointed to a portion of a law of succession, amended in 2005, that permits a secretary of state to become governor without confirmation from both the House and the Senate.

On Sunday, Puerto Rico’s Senate filed a lawsuit challenging Pierluisi’s swearing in. The Supreme Court unanimously sided with the Senate, ruling that the 2005 amendment was unconstitutional. The order will take effect at 5 p.m. Wednesday.