Some news items you might have missed:
• PEOPLE: Actor and TV host Wayne Brady came out as pansexual in an interview with PEOPLE Magazine.
"I took pan to mean that not only can I be attracted to any of these people or types physically, but I could be attracted to the person that is there.” https://t.co/Ob0aHUgGiq
— HuffPost Queer Voices (@huffpostqueer) August 7, 2023
• The Advocate: The Florida Department of Education has now U-turned and earlier decision and will allow the full curriculum for an Advanced Placement Psychology Class to be taught to high school students including information about sexuality and gender-identity.
• Reuters: Pope Francis said on Sunday that the Catholic Church is open to everyone, including the gay community, and that it has a duty to accompany them on a personal path of spirituality – but within “the framework of its rules.”
Pope Francis said that the Catholic Church is open to everyone, including the LGBT community, and that it has a duty to accompany them on a personal path of spirituality but within the framework of its rules https://t.co/BMwUwkICzK pic.twitter.com/T1GYJb3rLN
— Reuters (@Reuters) August 7, 2023
• Kenneth-in-the-212: By now you’ve probably heard that filmmaker William Friedkin has died at the age of 87. Some thoughts about the acclaimed director of The Boys in the Band, Cruising, The French Connection and The Exorcist.
• Axios: A mint condition, first-generation iPod — originally purchased for $399 in 2001 — sold for $29,000 at an auction.
A mint-condition, first-generation iPod sold for $29,000 on collectibles investing platform Rally last week. https://t.co/uJDwQcwSKb
— Axios (@axios) August 7, 2023