Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Some good news about the 315 anti-LGBTQ+ bills introduced in state legislatures last year – 91% of them failed to become law.
• Fox News: A former Georgia police officer, 19-year-old Jacob Kersey, who was investigated for a social media post that claimed “there’s no such thing” as gay marriage, resigned even though being told there was no violation found.
Georgia cop, 19, resigns after suspension for religious post on gay marriage: 'Dangerous precedent' https://t.co/Sc6WJ9nCkw
— Fox News (@FoxNews) January 30, 2023
• OUT: Following the passing of Australian rugby player and bobsledder Simon Dunn at just 35-years-old earlier this month a GoFundMe campaign was set up to help cover costs for the public funeral and his cremation.
• CNN: A former boyfriend of truth-challenged gay Rep. George Santos (R-NY) says the congressman will never resign “because his ego is too big.” The same bf lived with Santos and his-then wife but had no idea they were married.
• Financial Times: Jair Bolsonaro, the former president of Brazil who many have called the ‘Donald Trump of South America,’ has applied for a six-month visitor visa to remain in the US as his legal standing in his home country grows perilous due to multiple investigations.
• Xtra: A study released earlier this month—the largest of its kind in the United States—shows that trans youth are happier after receiving gender-affirming hormones. Participants of the study showed increased life satisfaction, decreased anxiety and depression.
The study followed 315 trans and non-binary youth in the U.S. and found decreased levels of anxiety and depression among the participants, reports @prepare4claire.https://t.co/SnA9T1haUX
— Xtra (@XtraMagazine) January 30, 2023