Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: A semi-truck hauling sex toys and personal lubricant overturned on an Oklahoma highway. The reporter in the local news chopper was at a loss for words when asked what was covering the road.
• Deadline Hollywood: Elton John will perform at the White House next week for an event, “A Night When Hope and History Rhyme,” as it returns to normal following Covid. Note: attendees will be required to get tested.
Elton John To Perform At White House “Night When Hope And History Rhyme” https://t.co/qpQXkXMWPn
— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) September 17, 2022
• Gayety: 13 of your favorite super-hero hunks depicted as gods by artist Carlos GZZ.
• Huffpost: A new poll shows support for President Biden has rebounded from a low of 36% in July to 45%, driven in large part by a string of legislative successes and 95 straight days of declining gas prices.
• Washington Post: Former White House aide Johnny McEntee has testified that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) spoke to him about a preemptive pardon from then-President Donald Trump. McEntee indicated Gaetz sought the pardon in the regard to a Justice Department investigation into whether the congressman violated federal sex trafficking laws.
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) sought pardon related to Justice Department sex trafficking probe, former Trump aide said https://t.co/NlLAK6W2yP
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) September 17, 2022