Some news items you might have missed:
• Gayety: British actor Taron Egerton, known for his portrayal of Elton John in the biopic Rocketman and his role in the recent London theatre production Cock, has weighed in on the debate surrounding straight actors playing gay roles.
• The Advocate: Racial diversity of LGBTQ+ characters on television is up, but LGBTQ+ representation overall is down slightly, according to the latest edition of GLAAD’s annual “Where We Are on TV” report.
Racial diversity of LGBTQ+ characters on television is up, but LGBTQ+ representation overall is down slightly, according to the latest edition of @GLAAD’s annual “Where We Are on TV” report. https://t.co/nlArN8NnuU
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) March 21, 2023
• PEOPLE: Martina Navratilova says she is cancer-free and ‘good to go.’
The tennis legend shared in a new interview that before receiving the all-clear, she had been in a “total panic,” worried that she “may not see next Christmas.”
• Washington Post: A federal appeals court has ruled that a lawyer for Donald Trump must provide notes, transcripts and other evidence to prosecutors after concluding there was evidence suggesting Trump may have misled his own attorneys in the classified-documents matter.
• Instagram: Out Olympic medalist Gus Kenworthy appears in a new photo spread (and the cover) of the high-end, biannual fashion, art and design publication Numéro Netherlands.
• JoeMyGod: The Walt Disney Company will host a major conference promoting LGBTQ rights in the workplace in Florida this fall, gathering business executives from the world’s largest companies in a defiant display of the limits of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign against diversity training.
• Instinct Magazine: Latin pop star Maluma garnered much attention for posting recent pics on Instagram in a Miami pool wearing nothing but his tattoos and a smile.