Checking in with some favorite InstaHunks this week starting with the return of the White Party in Palm Springs after a two year absence. Trust and believe – no one asked “Where’s the beef?” Continue reading “White Party, Pool Time + More InstaHunks”
Jeffrey Sanker, the producer behind several long-running gay circuit parties, has died at the age of 65 after a lengthy battle with liver cancer.
From the Washington Blade:
The 65 year old West Hollywood resident had built his company and reputation on hosting large scale parties in exotic places, including Puerto Vallarta in Jalisco, Mexico, Las Vegas, Nevada and Miami, Florida although his trademark extravaganza, White Party Palm Springs, had evolved into the nation’s largest gay dance music festival, attracting more than 30,000 attendees from every corner of the globe.
As word of his death spread on social media late Friday, tributes to Sanker flowed in.
In a text to the Blade, former West Hollywood City Councilmember John Duran noted, “Jeffrey was a long time friend. He was an iconic figure in gay history with his creation of the White Party. For many gay men, he created a space for them to find their tribe and sexuality. While he had his critics – he loved his gay community and left a lasting mark. So many of us found a place to belong because of his vision.“
Throughout the years, Sanker not only presented entertainment superstars like Lady Gaga, but also featured top-shelf DJs/producers like Dave Aude, Junior Vasquez, Victor Calderone, Manny Lehman, and Tony Moran at his events.
I have never been a circuit party kind of guy. But I can respect that along with creating a place for gays to celebrate themselves in their own space, many of his events often benefited local organizations and charities including The Trevor Project, Gay & Lesbian Elder Housing (GLEH), and Desert AIDS Project.
Jeffrey Sanker White Party Palm Springs producer has lost his life today to cancer. I’ll miss his humor kindness and commitment to our communities. Rest In Peace . #whiteparty #jeffreysanker #LGBT #PrideMonth @AlexPadilla4CA @SenFeinstein @GavinNewsom @POTUS @vp @MayorOfLA pic.twitter.com/6gN5sneC84
— queers4joe2020 (@queers4pete1) May 29, 2021
As we come to the end of the deadliest month of the coronavirus pandemic, circuit party impresario Jeffrey Sanker is prepping White Party Puerto Vallarta to begin a week of New Year’s
celebrations super spreader events nicknamed WPPV20/21.
This might be a bad time to get infected with COVID-19. Vallarta Daily News reported on Christmas Day the Puerto Vallarta Regional Hospital is at 100% occupancy with COVID-19 patients. Additionally, the state of Jalisco has reached a 65% positivity rate in testing.
Sanker’s official website states health and safety guidelines will be practiced including limited event capacity, temperature checks, and masks required for entry (bolding is mine).
Does anyone have a feeling the masks will come off after entering the events?
The promotional materials also read: “All state guidelines will be enforced for all guests.”
Speaking of guidelines, VisitPuertoVallarta.com recently announced that NEW guidelines are being implemented from December 25 – January 10, 2021 that include:
• Suspension of bars and clubs in Puerto Vallarta at 19:00 hours (7 pm)
• New Year’s parties and events will be suspended
That last bit of information might come as a surprise to Sanker and company as his 10 pm event at Industry Nightclub (which Sanker apparently owns) on January 1 is already sold out.
The other three events are being held at Mantamar Beach Club, which is at least outdoors. However, the December 30 event is announced to begin at 6 pm, so…an hour of party time?
Some folks chimed in on Sanker’s Facebook page regarding the possibility of the events spreading the virus even more.
Sanker canceled the 2020 edition of his White Party Palm Springs earlier this year.
I reached out to Sanker for any updates or changes being considered for White Party Puerto Vallarta in light of the new guidelines. No word back at this time.
Some news items you might have missed:
• Playbill: Billy Porter and Cyndi Lauper, who won Tony Awards for starring in and composing, respectively, the Tony-winning Kinky Boots, will reunite December 31 for a duet in Times Square on ABC’s Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2021, which kicks off at 8 PM ET.
• Gay City News: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed legislation on December 23 making single-use restrooms statewide open to people of all genders. Under the “gender-neutral bathroom” law, all public spaces including restaurants, bars, and schools are required to remove sex-segregated signs like “male” and “female” from single-occupancy restrooms.
• Apple TV+: After 12 years in prison, former high school football star Eddie Palmer (Justin Timberlake) returns home to put his life back together—and forms an unlikely bond with Sam (Ryder Allen), an gender non-conforming boy from a troubled home who has trouble fitting in. Coming exclusively to Apple TV+ on January 29.
• Edge Media: Despite more than 1.3 million coronavirus cases throughout Mexico and upwards of 131,000 in the state of Jalisco — home to the bustling LGBTQ city of Puerto Vallarta — some gay party promoters intend to kick off 2021 with a bang that could potentially become the super spreader event of the season. White Party, we’re looking at you…
• Reuters: Novavax Inc has begun a large late-stage study of its experimental COVID-19 vaccine in the United States, the drug developer said on Monday, after delaying the trial twice due to issues in scaling up the manufacturing process. Novavax lags behind other drugmakers in the global race for COVID-19 vaccine, with shots from Pfizer and Moderna authorized for emergency use in the United States.
• OnlyFans: Openly bi Walking Dead star Daniel Newman (top image) has launched an OnlyFans account telling fans ” It will all be PG to maybe R-rated tho just warning you no X.” Click here to visit Newman’s OnlyFans account.
View this post on Instagram
Jeffrey Sanker, the promoter and producer of White Party Palm Springs, has announced his mega circuit party will not be happening this year.
The 2020 edition of White Party Palm Springs was originally scheduled for April. But, due to the coronavirus pandemic, Sanker postponed his event to October hoping the health threat would be under control by then.
But an announcement has been posted on the White Party’s official website explaining that after trying “everything in our power to try to produce our event with all safety measures in place,” Sanker and his team have decided “it’s just not possible to move forward, given the unpredictability of COVID-19.”
The announcement adds that all current ticket holders will have their passes automatically transferred to the 2021 festival taking place April 23rd to 26th.
The largest gay circuit party in the United States, White Party Palm Springs often draws up to 30,000 attendees to its dances, mixers, and concerts. In addition to helping fundraise for various LGBTQ charities, the multi-day festival has provided an annual economic boost to the Southern California city for 30 years.
Add Pride celebrations to the long list of events now being postponed thanks to concerns about the coronavirus threat.
Organizers for Los Angeles Pride announced today that “all events related to the 50th Anniversary of LA Pride that were scheduled for June 2020” have been postponed.
Due to the concerns of COVID-19, CSW will postpone all events related to the 50th Anniversary of LA Pride that were scheduled for June 2020. Organizers are assessing the situation. More information to be provided around the postponement as details become available.
— LA Pride (@lapride) March 12, 2020
On Thursday, organizers for the first-ever Pride of the Americas in Fort Lauderdale announced the event would be moved to later in the year.
Miami Pride has been canceled with no replacement date announced.
The White Party in Palm Springs has been rescheduled to October 30 – November 2, 2020.
Carly Rae Jepsen, the “Call Me Maybe” singer, dropped out of the Boy Scout jamboree earlier this month because the organization bans out scouts and leaders.
HOWEVER – she did say ‘yes’ to headlining the White Party T-Dance.
Jeffrey Sanker’s website made this announcement: “This isn’t a maybe, it’s official! White Party Palm Springs producer Jeffrey Sanker announced to today that “Call Me Maybe” superstar Carly Rae Jepsen is performing LIVE at the Sunday T-Dance, happening Sunday, March 31.”
The T-Dance is one of the highlights of the enormous gay bacchanal, held every spring in Palm Springs, Calif. Jepsen will be joined by singer Icona Pop and performer Carmen Electra for the T-Dance.
Jepsen is certain to be greeted warmly by the crowd. Watch her latest video, for “Tonight I’m Getting Over You,” below.