Updates On Shooting At White House Correspondents’ Dinner

Alleged shooter at White House Correspondents' Dinner in DC (image via Truth Social

Latest updates on the shooting at last night’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Washington, D.C.

• The suspect (above photo via Trump’s social media) was wrestled to the ground within seconds after running through a security checkpoint in the lobby of the Washington Hilton Hotel. He was identified as Cole Thomas Allen, of Torrance, California. Authorities say they believe he acted on his own. Continue reading “Updates On Shooting At White House Correspondents’ Dinner”

Report: Golf Course Gunman Never Fired, Never Had Line Of Sight To Trump

Ronald Rowe, acting director of Secret Service (screen cap via NBC News)

Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe Jr. told reporters today Ryan Routh, who was arrested in connection with what had been described as an apparent assassination attempt of Donald Trump on Sunday, never had line of sight to the former president. A Secret Service agent “immediately discharged his firearm” after seeing the suspect, who was on the public side of a fence at Trump’s Florida golf course. Continue reading “Report: Golf Course Gunman Never Fired, Never Had Line Of Sight To Trump”

Trump Would-Be Assassin Searched Details Of JFK Shooter

The shooter who attempted to assassinate Donald Trump searched the internet for details of the President John F. Kennedy shooting and also flew a drone in the area of the Butler rally for about 11 minutes the day of the event, according to FBI Director Christopher Wray. Continue reading “Trump Would-Be Assassin Searched Details Of JFK Shooter”

85-Year-Old Charged In Shooting Of Black Teen Who Went To Wrong Address

Ralph Yarl (via GoFundMe)
An 85-year-old white man in Kansas City, Missouri, has been charged with shooting a Black teenager who rang his doorbell. The teen was apparently shot for going to the wrong address to pick up his siblings. Continue reading “85-Year-Old Charged In Shooting Of Black Teen Who Went To Wrong Address”

Mother Shoots Her Son While Firing At 6-Month-Old Puppy

Six-month-old Bruno the Boxer

Six-month-old Bruno the Boxer
Six-month-old Bruno the Boxer (screen capture)
A mother accidentally shot her own 5-year-old son in the stomach while aiming at a 6-month-old puppy. The mother, Angelia Mia Vargas, has been charged with deadly conduct with a firearm. From ABC News affiliate KTRK in Houston:

According to neighbors, Vargas, her son, and another family member were riding bikes down the street when a dog ran out.

That dog, named Bruno, is a 6-month-old boxer puppy. Bruno’s owner did not want to appear on camera, but told us what happened.

“I came out of my house because Bruno was barking and barking. I thought my brother was coming,” said the owner, who thought Bruno’s barking was to indicate his brother was at the door. “So, I open the door just a little bit and he comes running out.”

In Ring doorbell video obtained by ABC13, you can see Bruno running out with the owner following immediately behind. The owner can be seen telling the dog to come back in the house. The dog roams out onto the street, and less than a second later, multiple shots rang out. Gunshots were then followed by extended screaming by the little boy’s parents.

Struck in the abdomen by one of three bullets fired, Vargas’s 5-year-old son was rushed to the hospital in stable condition with non-life-threatening wounds, police say. Bruno’s owner told KTRK, “She could have handled it differently. You know, she was there, her husband was there, I was there, nothing would have happened. Nothing bad like that.” If you watch the video, you can see only a few seconds elapsed from the time Bruno ran out the door to when you hear the bullets. Bruno’s owner was issued a Class C misdemeanor citation for having a loose dog. It’s worth noting that the Texas legislature recently passed a new law allowing open carry of handguns without a permit or training.

Ellen Interviews Las Vegas Security Guard: “I’m Doing Better Each Day”

Stephen Schuck, Jesus Campos and Ellen DeGeneres

Las Vegas security guard Jesus Campos, who first discovered the Las Vegas shooter who killed 58 and wounded hundreds in the deadliest shooting massacre in the United States, appeared on ELLEN today to share his story.

Via Billboard:

The appearance came just days after widely circulated reports that Campos — who was shot in the leg by one of the approximately 200 bullets Paddock fired through his hotel room door several minutes before he began his Oct. 1 assault on the 22,000 fans below — had disappeared.

“I’m doing better each day, slowly but sure, just healing physically and mentally,” said Campos. The soft-spoken security guard explained that he was called to check on Paddock’s room because of a security notification about the shooter’s door being left open for an extended period.

Coming up from the 31st floor to the 32nd, Campos said he was unable to open the door on the stairwell, which was blocked off, a situation that raised an alarm for him. After walking around a different way, Campos said he approached the room and saw a metal bracket holding the door to the blocked stairwell in place. After calling maintenance to check it out, Campos heard what he thought were “drilling” sounds shortly after, which turned out to be gunshots fired by Paddock.

As Campos walked back down the hallway away from Paddock’s room, he told DeGeneres that he heard the outer door slam, which he said caught Paddock’s attention. “As I was walking down I heard rapid fire and at first I took cover, I felt a burning sensation,” he said. “I went to go lift my pant leg up and I saw the blood. That’s when I called it in on my radio that shots had been fired.”

Campos was going to report that he was hit, but thinking fast, he used his cell phone to do so in order to keep the radio channel free. According to the revised timeline of the shooting, Campos — who was joined and comforted during the interview by Mandalay Bay building engineer Stephen Schuck — was shot in the leg nearly six minutes before Paddock began firing from his hotel room window.

Watch the interview below.

Mike Huckabee: I’ve Never Heard Any Pro-Lifer Suggest Attacking Planned Parenthood

“I don’t know any pro-life leader, any – if you can tell me one, please correct me – but I don’t know of anybody who has suggested violence toward Planned Parenthood personnel.”

I think The Huckster is walking a fine line there. He may not want to name a “pro-life leader” but he knows there are those in that tribe that call for violence to close down Planned Parenthood. That’s not news to anyone.

(h/t JMG)