• The Hill: A USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll released Thursday indicates 96% of Democrats say President-elect Joe Biden was elected fairly in the November presidential election, while 78% of Republicans think Biden was not legitimately elected president.
• InstaHunks: Woofy Fran Dullon is wrapping your presents…have you been naughty or nice?
• American Independent: Donald Trump has Trump chosen Michele Bachmann’s husband, Marcus, to be a member of the President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities, an advisory body to the president and the Department of Health and Human Services. Note – the ‘Lady Marcus’ runs a clinic which that specializes in the debunked and dangerous practice of conversion therapy. #Boo
• NY Times: The brilliant 3-time Tony Award nominee (and dear friend to everyone in the Broadway community), Rebecca Luker, whose gorgeous soprano voice led to a 3 decades-long career on Broadway, died on Wednesday after a year-long battle with ALS. RIP dear, beautiful Rebecca.
• Politico: The U.S. has struck a deal with Pfizer to purchase another 100 million doses of the company’s COVID vaccine. Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech said they can supply 70 million doses by June 30, 2021, with the remaining 30 million doses delivered by the end of July.
• Talking Points Memo: The White House went out of its way to declare Donald Trump was in meetings and working today.
“It’s political correctness that rules the day. So when you’re part of a favored group, then you get special benefits that nobody else gets. That’s the very form of tyranny because when government supposedly gives something — government has nothing to give, they have to take it away from other people. So when they give it to that certain group, that means, by definition, they’re taking it away from you.”
– Michele Bachmann, speaking about the Hate Crimes Act in a new DVD series by David Barton.
Outgoing Congresswoman Michele Bachmann found her advice to President Obama at the White House Christmas party on bombing Iran didn’t land exactly how she expected. Via Mediaite:
“I turned to the president and I said, something to the effect of, ‘Mr. President, you need to bomb the Iranian nuclear facilities, because if you don’t, Iran will have a nuclear weapon on your watch and the course of world history will change,’” Bachmann said.
“And he got his condescending smile on his face and laughed at me and said, ‘Well Michele, it’s just not that easy.’
And I said to him, ‘No, Mr. President, you’re the president, it will happen on your watch, and you’ll have to answer to the world for this.’
And that was it and then I left. Merry Christmas.”
On a recent appearance on the “Faith & Liberty” radio show, wingnut Michele Bachmann says the gay community wants to “abolish age of consent laws, which means we will do away with statutory rape laws so that adults will be able to freely prey on little children sexually. That’s the deviance that we’re seeing embraced in our culture today.”
She also says that the gays are out to “punish” those who don’t agree with our viewpoint, thus bringing about a “rise of tyranny.”
What a victim! Oh, the indignity of it all!
Sadly, there is an all too hungry audience out there for this kind of idiocy. You can hear the misguided diatribe below.
You know, I only post these things to remind us all that this happens every day in the
Interviewing Michele Bachmann on Wednesday, FOX News’ Neil Cavuto referred to John Boehner and House Republicans’ lawsuit against President Obama for using executive power on issues that they have blocked in Congress as a “waste of time.”
The clip below begins with Bachmann saying “Very clearly the American people are absolutely outraged…” What she doesn’t seem to grasp is that the American people are outraged at a do-nothing Congress. And if it takes President Obama using executive orders (which are within his legal bounds) to get SOMETHING done for the American people, better that than nothing at all.
I should note that Barack Obama issued 182 executive orders between 2009 and 2014. President George W. Bush issued 291 executive orders between 2001 and 2009. So, clearly Obama is not doing anything unusual here.
Cavuto became more impatient with Bachmann as the discussion went on:
“Where was your rage when Democrats were going after President Bush on the same use of executive orders, because I think you knew then that that was a waste of time, and I think you know in your heart of hearts this is a waste of time now.”
“Crazy-eyes” Bachmann just continued on with her pre-printed talking points as if it all made sense.
Cavuto finally cuts unexpectedly to a commercial break.
Discussing Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s veto of anti-gay bill, SB-1062, Rep. Michele Bachmann told conservative radio host Lars Larson this past weekend at CPAC that the bill had nothing to do with gay people at all.
“There’s nothing about gays in there, but the gay community decided to make this their measure,” Bachmann said. “And the thing that I think is getting a little tiresome is the gay community, they have so bullied the American people and they have so intimidated politicians that politicians fear them and so they think they get to dictate the agenda everywhere. Well, not with the Constitution you don’t.”
“If you want take away my religious liberties, you can advocate for that but you do it through the constitutional process and you don’t intimidate and no politician should give away my religious liberties or yours.”
Of course, it goes without saying NO ONE is taking away anyone’s religious freedoms. No one.
How Bachmann careens from a vetoed bill in another state to saying that the gay community – which makes up approximately 5% of the population – is “bullying” people is ludicrous.
Bachmann is getting her back up over recent polls showing 59% of Americans supporting same-sex marriage. She’s just watching her personal world view disintegrate and she’s panicked over what to do with it.