Checking in with some of my favorite InstaHunks this weekend starting with CBS News’ Thomas Hanson (above) who served up a totally adorbs video visiting the new set of CBS Mornings: Continue reading “InstaHunk Round-Up: Weekend Edition”
Checking in with some of my favorite InstaHunks this week starting with Matthew Camp who upped the fur factor with a new puppy. Continue reading “InstaHunk Round-Up: Weekend Edition”
Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: The new streaming series Iconic Justice stars Drag Race and Big Brother alum Willam as she takes the world to court in cases over “kink-shaming, racist micro-aggressions, professional jealousy in the gay nightlife scenes, and so much more.” Matthew Camp (above) co-stars as Willam’s hunky bailiff. Continue reading “News Round-Up: August 25, 2021”
Sharing some of my favorite Instagram posts from this week. First up, woofy Chicago teacher @ghyousomethin got a lesson in remembering to check the blender lid. Continue reading “InstaHunk Round-Up: Weekend Edition”
Sharing some of my favorite
eye-candy Instagram posts from the week including Petr Hollesch, Francesc Gascó, Max Emerson, and more.
First up, Dan Tai (above) really misses walks on the beach. Continue reading “Petr Hollesch, Dan Tai, Max Emerson & More – InstaHunk Round-Up”
Some news items you might have missed:
• NewNowNext: Porn star Matthew Camp speaks out about the recent early morning arson attack that destroyed his home. “I don’t have any enemies that I know of,” Camp says gently. “But I’m a gay sex worker who bought a house that used to be owned by a Satanist. I don’t know who did it, but it’s not hard to guess why they would.”
• The Advocate: A group of eight U.S. Catholic Bishops released a statement in support of LGBTQ+ people, saying that, “God created you, God loves you and God is on your side.” A ninth Bishop later signed on as well.
• Out Music: Openly gay artist J.R. Price has released a duet featuring his childhood hero, out singer/songwriter Tom Goss titled “Dance with Me”, a bluesy love song about the power dance has to bring a couple together before the world breaks them apart.
“The song chronicles that moment when a couple is fighting, and it doesn’t even make sense for them to stay together a second longer, but with a simple dance, they realize they can’t part because the attachment is too powerful,” explains Price. The track is available now.
• Gothamist: The co-owner of a pub who refused to follow COVID-19 health restrictions has avoided a felony charge of second degree assault on an officer. On December 6, 2020, he drove into a sheriff’s deputy who tried to detain him breaking both the officer’s legs.
• NBC News: The Kissimmee Police Department says it verified 30 screenshots of Facebook posts made by Officer Andrew Johnson in support of the Capitol riots, and disparaging the Black Lives Matter movement. And then the department fired him.
• CNBC: Funny how ashamed these folks are after getting arrested. Garrett Miller (above) has been charged with invading the Capitol on January 6 and calling for the assassination of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. He’s very sorry now and he adds he was just following then-President Donald Trump’s orders.
“I was in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, because I believed I was following the instructions of former President Trump and he was my president and the commander-in-chief. His statements also had me believing the election was stolen from him.” https://t.co/SgnrB2JWf7
— Katie Phang (@KatiePhang) January 25, 2021
Adult performer Matthew Camp woke up in the early morning hours of January 14 to find his home in Poughkeepsie, New York had been set ablaze in an apparent hate crime.
“An arsonist poured gasoline on the front porch of my home and set it on fire in an apparent hate crime,” writes Camp in an Instagram post. “I was asleep inside. I am alive to face this person one day but everything I have ever owned is gone.”
“Share this story because queer people are still under attack all over the world,” added Camp. “Our voices will not be silenced.”
View this post on Instagram
The former go-go boy turned sex-positive advocate and OnlyFans star went on to share that since the attack “I’m just living day to day trying to piece together what’s left.”
He closed his post thanking friends and fans for their support and “continued fight to keep our queer families safe.”
Despite the vast damage to the home, Camp and his friend Six Carter were able to escape the fire unharmed.
A GoFundMe campaign has been set up by friends to help rebuild his life and replace some of his belongings.
A home security camera captured the arsonist coming up the steps of Camp’s home just seconds before the blaze and splashing a liquid (presumably gasoline) all over the front porch. The time stamp on the video shows it was 5:09 am.
The city’s police and fire departments received 911 calls reporting the fire at 5:12 am.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that once the fire was out, “an investigation quickly determined that it was a case of arson.” The identity of the arsonist is still unknown but authorities are continuing to investigate.
The home was previously owned by a “Satanist,” Joe ‘Netherworld’ Mendillo who died in January of last year. Camp purchased the residence in October.
The home is apparently well-known in the area as the “Halloween House.” The nickname is apparently derived from decorations both outside and inside the residence and a hearse reportedly used to sit in the driveway.
I interviewed Camp a couple of years ago as he was launching a new video series project. I found him to be not only polite and well-spoken, but sharp as a tack regarding business and how he views life. You can listen to our chat below.
For those who may not know, Cameo is a website where you can pay to have a famous (or infamous) person record a personal greeting for a birthday or celebration of whatever sort complete with negotiated script.
Matthew Camp, the woofy go-go boy turned adult performer turned entrepreneur, recently tweeted a video clip of Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer,” Michael Cohen, extolling the fabulousness of Camp’s OnlyFans account. The clip was reportedly ordered through Cameo.
“I just want to say how amazing Matthew Camp is on OnlyFans. Having a blast enjoying every minute with you guys. Good luck. Love it. Stay safe. Stay COVID-free. And again, OnlyFans, having a blast with him.”
Cohen apparently charges $100 per message on Cameo.
I’m going to guess that Cohen has no idea what kind of content is on Camp’s OnlyFans page. As I’m sure my readers know, OnlyFans is a website where subscribers can pay – usually between $5 to $15 a month – to access photo and video content uploaded by models and porn stars.
Back in February 2019, Camp told the New York Times that he was clearing more than $10,000 a month on his OnlyFans page which he described as “online go-go dancing.”
— Matthew Camp (@MatthewCampNYC) November 9, 2020
— chilldenverdude (@chilldenverdude) November 9, 2020
— DA’VONNE STAN ACCOUNT (@norrisj23) November 9, 2020
— Brad Walsh (@BradWalsh) November 9, 2020
Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct: After being canceled by Netflix earlier this year, PopTV has picked up Season 4 of One Day At A Time, with a premiere date of March 24th at 9:30 pm ET/PT. The LGBTQ-inclusive reboot of the 70’s classic follows the Cuban-American Alvarez clan, an immigrant family living and loving in California. The luminous Rita Moreno co-stars as sassy grandmother ‘Lydia.’
• NY Times: The impeachment trial of Donald Trump is now underway. Use this link to check for the latest developments in the trial. Today, Trump set a new Twitter record as he lashed out at House managers seeking his removal from office.
• NBC News: Missouri lawmaker proposes bill criminalizing public libraries’ drag queen story hours. Under the proposed law, librarians would be subject to fines or jail time for holding such events.
• Yahoo Finance: Michael Bloomberg has spent more than a quarter-billion dollars on political advertising since joining the Democratic presidential race, far outpacing all other candidates. Bloomberg’s presidential campaign has spent $209.3 million on broadcast television time, $13.7 million on cable, $1.1 million on radio and $27.2 million on digital.
• WXII-12: A Wilkes County pastor was arrested Thursday on more than 100 counts of felony sex offenses that span 15 years, detectives said. Rodney Dean Luffman, 58, of Pleasant Ridge Road, was charged with 115 felony sex charges — 80 counts of indecent liberties and 35 counts of sexual offenses. One of the victims was as young as 4 years old, and the other was as old as 16 when the offenses occurred.
The 2020 GayVN Awards were held Monday night at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas and it was quite the gay affair.
Performers, directors, producers, and fans of adult entertainment came out to celebrate and hand out trophies at the event that’s been called “the Oscars of Gay Porn.”
I’ve never attended an awards show for adult entertainment, so I was super curious as to how this would all go down (no pun intended).
One thing I did learn – when picking up your credentials, don’t stand in the background while Cutler X is taking a photo because he will yell at you for “photo-bombing.”
Now, the awards show did begin an hour late (is that called being on ‘gay time?’), but what followed was an impressive and well-produced event by ManyVids.
Alec Mapa returned to hosting duties this year alongside new co-host comedienne/TV host Nicole Byer. Plus, there was musical entertainment by King Princess and a special performance by Alyssa Edwards.
At the event, Dallas Steele (nominated for Best Group Sex Scene and Favorite Daddy) told me he feels the event helps to de-stigmatize the industry.
“You look around at all these beautiful, well-dressed people,” said Steele. “If my mom were still around I’d be proud to have her here. I think it’s incredibly positive about our industry.”
Brian Davilla (nominated for Favorite Bear, also directed nominees in Best All Sex movie and Best Group scene) said his favorite aspect of the night was the sense of family among a group of people he warmly termed a ‘weird fraternity.’
“I’ve developed lifelong friendships that really transcend the work,” shared the woofy Davilla.
Some history was made and a barrier broken as DeAngelo Jackson became the first Black performer to take home the trophy for Best Actor for his work in Blended Family:
— luna (@lunamoonorg) January 21, 2020
Cade Maddox won for Performer of the Year:
— KEVIN BENOIT (@kevinbenoit) January 21, 2020
Check out some of the attendees on the red carpet:
I also got to meet the oh-so-handsome Matthew Camp, who was nominated for Best Actor for his performance in Camp Chaos.
A year ago, I interviewed Camp about the then-upcoming project and I am happy to report Camp is even more impressive in person as he was warm, thoughtful and charming in our short conversation.
Here’s the interview with Camp in case you missed it:
Here is the full list of winners for the 2020 GayVN Awards:
2020 GayVN Hall of Fame inductee – Tim Valenti, NakedSword/Falcon Studios CEO
Best Actor – DeAngelo Jackson, Blended Family, Icon Male/Mile High
Best All-Sex Movie – Love and Lust in Montreal, Falcon Studios
Best Bi Sex Scene – Natalie Mars, Ella Nova, Ricky Larkin & Wesley Woods; Free for All, WhyNotBi.com
Best Director – Feature – Jake Jaxson & RJ Sebastian; Le Garçon Scandaleux, CockyBoys/PinkTV;
Best Director – Non-Feature – Steve Cruz; Outta the Park!, Raging Stallion/Falcon
Best Duo Sex Scene – Ashton Summers & Pheonix Fellington, Fellington’s Flip Fuck, HelixStudios.com
Best Feature – Vegas Nights, HelixStudios.com
Best Fetish Sex Scene – Alex Mecum & Michael DelRay; My Brother’s Discipline, Kink.com
Best Group Sex Scene – Alam Wernik, Blake Ryder, Jay Dymel, Nic Sahara & Sean Duran; Five Brothers: The Takedown, NakedSword/Falcon
Best Newcomer – Nic Sahara and Alex Riley (tie)
Best Supporting Actor – Dante Colle, At Large, Raging Stallion/Falcon
Best Three-Way Sex Scene – Jack Harrer, Peter Annaud & Marcel Gassion; Offensively Large 4, BelAmi/Pulse
Performer of the Year – Cade Maddox
GayVN 2020 Fan Awards:
Favorite Bear – Teddy Torres
Favorite Body – Blake Mitchell
Favorite Bottom – Rourke
Favorite Butt – Beaux Banks
Favorite Cam Guy – Callum and Cole (joint page)
Favorite Cock – Calvin Banks
Favorite Daddy – Rocco Steele
Favorite Dom – Austin Wolf
Favorite FTM Star – Billy Vega
Favorite Top – Zilv Gudel
Favorite Twink – Joey Mills
Hottest Newcomer – Rhyheim Shabazz
Social Media Star – Armond Rizzo