• The Advocate: For the first time in history, three of the national legacy LGBTQ equality organizations (National LGBTQ Task Force, Human Rights Campaign, and National Center for Lesbian Rights) will be led by Black executive directors.
• Back2Stonewall: Former Vice President Mike Pence has been hired by the virulently anti-LGBTQ hate group, The Heritage Foundation, which spends significant energy to extremist policy recommendations to deny access to abortion and birth control and to harm LGBTQ people.
• Boy Culture: Joe Manganiello made waves with his retro-punk new look, and now he is immortalizing it on several covers of L’Officiel Fashion Book Hommes Australia (below), all shot by out photographer Mike Ruiz.
• Pink News: A long-awaited study of patients at the NHS Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS) has confirmed the majority of transgender teenagers who take puberty blockers to treat severe gender dysphoria feel happier.
• NBC News: Fox News is being sued by Smartmatic for $2.7 billion for repeating false rigged election claims. The suit names Fox News, as well as network personalities Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro, and Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell.
• Out Music: Hottie John Duff (top image) gives us something to bop about with his new single and music video, “Do It,” an empowering self-love anthem for anyone out there hoping to follow their dreams.
In the new music video, Duff dances in his home paying homage to the likes of Risky Business, Richard Simmons, and even a few of his favorite pop divas. Fun song.
• Sexy Santas: I realized I haven’t been on my game when it comes to sexy Santas this year, so I’m hoping to make up ground a bit with the snap above of Archenemy star Joe Manganiello at the beach 😉
• Right Wing Watch: Right-wing pastor E.W. Jackson declares that Drag Queen Story Hour is “the equivalent of pedophilia” and says parents who take their child to such an event “need to have their children taken away from them.”
• CNN: Donald Trump has turned to a fringe group of advisers peddling increasingly dubious tactics to overturn the results of the election, creating a dire situation that multiple senior officials and people close to the President say has led to new levels of uncertainty at how Trump will resist the coming end to his tenure.
• The Hill: Thousands of Trump supporters are planning a virtual “second inauguration” for President Trump on Jan. 20, the same day of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. More than 60,000 people have indicated on Facebook that they plan to attend the event being billed as “Donald J. Trump 2nd Presidential Inauguration Ceremony.”
• New York Times: A former Justice Department attorney pens a personal apology for the work she did in the Trump administration and for failing to push back more.
• Elle Magazine: A journalist who covered the case of now-convicted pharma bro Martin Shkreli fell in love with him, quit her job, divorced her husband,…and then Shkreli ghosted her.
• Variety: Outfest and GLAAD have partnered to produce a PSA with the cast and artists from the soundtrack of Hulu’s queer-centric rom-com, Happiest Season, to discuss the importance of finding chosen family for LGBTQ people during the holidays.
• Talk about #ThrowbackThursday – how about 18-year-old Joe Manganiello’s first professional headshot (above)? #Woof #Handsome
• The acclaimed revival of Angels In America starring Nathan Lane and Andrew Garfield begins performances at Broadway’s Neil Simon Theater tomorrow night. This groundbreaking LGBT-centric play is a “must-see.” Use code “World” to get a discount and see this deeply moving theatrical experience.
• Broadway luminaries Norm Lewis and Brandon Victor Dixon will join John Legend and Sara Bareilles for the upcoming TV presentation of Jesus Christ Superstar on Easter Sunday.
• Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir will share hosting duties with NBC sportscaster Terry Gannon for NBC’s coverage of the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympics on Sunday.
Channing Tatum announces MAGIC MIKE LIVE LAS VEGAS
Via press release:
Actor and producer Channing Tatum has heard the call of women everywhere, clamoring for more Magic Mike. Next spring, their dreams will come true as Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas will become the permanent home of Mike Lane, America’s favorite handyman-turned-stripper, with MAGIC MIKE LIVE LAS VEGAS – a complete re-imagination of the male revue based on the hit movies “Magic Mike” and “Magic Mike XXL.”
Currently anticipated to open for preview performances in March 2017, MAGIC MIKE LIVE LAS VEGAS will recreate the mythic Club Domina with a sizzling 360-degree dance and acrobatic strip tease spectacular, guaranteed to bring on the heat.
“‘Magic Mike’ has been a special and very personal project for me, and this show is a natural extension of that,” said Tatum. “So while I won’t be on stage as Mike, MAGIC MIKE LIVE LAS VEGAS is my vision and I’m looking forward to spending a lot of time in Las Vegas creating something that will give women what they really want.”
The experience starts as you enter Club Domina, a real life version of the club at the foundation of “Magic Mike XXL,” where men cater to women’s desires. The fully re-envisioned cabaret nightclub space will be unlike any other in Las Vegas with three elaborately designed bars, an integrated stage and seating for 450 guests. Expressly created to capture the magnetism of a film franchise that has grossed nearly $300 million, this new venue and its immersive production will be one of the most unique entertainment experiences in Las Vegas.
In a show that happens in front of, behind, above and all around the audience, a dozen of the hottest and most talented men in the country will bring Mike and his crew to life through sexy and daring themed dance and strip routines, each punctuated by one-of-a-kind acts from a wildly diverse cast of performers.
In addition to direction and creative leadership from Tatum, film franchise choreographer Alison Faulk will once again reprise her role, creating the stage show’s choreography.
MAGIC MIKE LIVE LAS VEGAS has also struck a content partnership with the leading digital media property Cosmopolitan.com to create original video series and content designed to drive excitement and engagement around the show.
Visit MagicMikeLiveLasVegas.com for the most up to date information about the show, the cast and priority ticket opportunities.
But what about Joe Manganiello? Will HE be there on stage? We want “Big Dick Richie!” We want “Big Dick Richie!”