The Kinjaz serve up some smooth moves for a little Daily Dance action.
And yep, those dulcet tones are by Janet Jackson on ‘Got Til It’s Gone.’
International superstar Janet Jackson announced she’s working on a new album and world tour set to debut this summer: Black Diamond.
Hey U Guys! I’ve heard all your wishes and now from my lips to your ears. I’m working on my new album and going on a brand new World Tour this summer! Both titled ✨ “Black Diamond”. ✨
Black Diamonds are the toughest of all the diamonds, the hardest to cut. I see that as the hardest to hurt or destroy. There is a lot that I have endured. I see myself as a Black Diamond in its purest form. I’m a rock, I have ruff edges but I keep moving forward. I want to show you my strength as well as give you strength.
I love u guys so much and I’m #SoExcited to share this new era with you. See u soon! #BlackDiamond
View this post on Instagram
Hey U Guys! I’ve heard all your wishes and now from my lips to your ears. I’m working on my new album and going on a brand new World Tour this summer! Both titled ✨ “Black Diamond”. ✨ — Black Diamonds are the toughest of all the diamonds, the hardest to cut. I see that as the hardest to hurt or destroy. There is a lot that I have endured. I see myself as a Black Diamond in its purest form. I’m a rock, I have ruff edges but I keep moving forward. I want to show you my strength as well as give you strength. — I love u guys so much and I’m #SoExcited to share this new era with you. See u soon! #BlackDiamond 🖤💎🍓😘 — A special pre-sale code will be sent ONLY to my mailing list subscribers tomorrow, Feb. 11! Click link in bio to sign-up for my mailing list on my website 🤗 Tickets go on-sale to the general public on February 13 at 12 pm! — 👉🏾 European & Additional World Dates To Be Announced!
Air Force veteran KB Strawder Jr. shared this video of his dad after attending a Janet Jackson concert here in my town of Las Vegas.
Strawder surprised his dad on Father’s Day with tickets to see Miss Jackson, and after the concert the dad was effusive having experienced the Rhythm Nation artist.
But there was one more surprise in store… 🙂
Remember my dads reaction on Father’s Day to him finding out he was going to see @JanetJackson show in Las Vegas?….well we went to the show and there was one more surprise. pic.twitter.com/NjMAQOMWkN
— KB Strawder Jr. (@Real_KB) August 11, 2019
— KB Strawder Jr. (@Real_KB) August 11, 2019
Here’s the moment when dad found out he was seeing Miss Jackson. You might say he’s a fan LOL…
Watch my dad’s reaction to him finding out that my brother and I are taking him to Las Vegas to see @janetjackson 😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/j34AYEp0cT
— KB Strawder Jr. (@Real_KB) June 16, 2019
|Janet Jackson announces her new Las Vegas residency ‘Metamorphosis’|
Music icon Janet Jackson will launch her first Las Vegas headlining residency titled, Metamorphosis, beginning May 17, 2019, at Park Theater at Park MGM Resort.
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of her ground-breaking album, Rhythm Nation, Jackson promises her new production will “follow her path to self-love, empowerment, motherhood and activism, amidst the challenges faced along her personal journey,” according to a statement.
The 15 date run of Metamorphosis (spanning May, June and August) will present bold visuals, cutting edge dance numbers, Jackson’s many chart-topping hits plus fan favorite ‘deep cuts.’
Hey u guys, I’m so excited to announce my new Vegas residency, “Metamorphosis”! A celebration of my journey and the 30th anniversary of #RhythmNation! I’ll be at the @parkmgm in May, July & August. Link in bio. #MetamorphosisVegas —— Citi presale starts Wednesday, 2/27 at 12PM PST before the general on sale this Saturday, 3/2 at 10AM PST.
One of the biggest recording artists of all time, there’s practically no music award Jackson hasn’t won.
With a career beginning in the 1970s, the 52-year-old has garnered six Grammy Awards, two Emmy Nominations, a Golden Globe Award and a nomination for an Academy Award along with multiple American Music Awards, MTV Video Music Awards and Billboard Music Awards.
Additionally, Damita Jo will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month.
|Janet Jackson (photo: Solaiman Fazel)|
The new production will help fill the void at Park MGM left by the sudden cancellation of Britney Spears’s Domination.
The announced dates for Janet Jackson’s Metamorphosis are:
May 2019: 17, 18, 21, 22, 25, 26
July 2019: 24, 26, 27, 31
August 2019: 2, 3, 7, 9, 10
Tickets go on sale to the public March 2, but members of Jackson’s fan club will have access to pre-sale tickets beginning February 27 at 10 a.m. PST.
Additionally, Citi credit card holders will be able to purchase pre-sale tickets at 12 p.m. on February 27.
For more info, head over to JanetJackson.com.
Some news items you might have missed:
• Austin Wolf celebrates getting his Instagram account back online (above). #HappyDanceTime
• The New York City subway attacker who sucker punched a woman he believed to be lesbian has been arrested. His victim suffered a fractured spine due to his attack.
• Janet Jackson is headed to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame along with Stevie Nicks, The Cure, Radiohead, Def Leppard, Roxy Music, and the Zombies. Nicks becomes the first woman to be inducted twice having been honored previously as part of Fleetwood Mac.
— Janet Jackson (@JanetJackson) December 13, 2018
• Fox News host & Donald Trump superfan, Sean Hannity, was caught deleting past tweets that showed his connections to the president’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen, just hours before Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison Wednesday.
• CBS News reports that Donald Trump is considering his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to be his third Chief of Staff.
• Tony Award winner and current Golden Globe nominee Billy Porter dropped a few holiday tracks on Soundcloud just in time for Christmas. The collection – “A Billy Porter Christmas” – can be found here.
Check out his smooth, soulful “Christmas Time Is Here” below.
|New music from Janet Jackson, Cher and Madonna|
It was quite the week for music royalty.
As we lost our indisputable “Queen of Soul,” Aretha Franklin, the two “Queens of Pop” – Janet Jackson and Madonna – dropped new music videos that are singularly unique to the two artists visual and musical style.
Jackson teamed with oh-so-sexy Daddy Yankee for her latest music video, “Made For Now.”
Visually reminiscent of “When I Think of You” and “Escapade,” the video (directed by Dave Meyers) is classic Janet as she celebrates among the folks of Brooklyn appearing all over the NYC borough in bold, high-style fashion.
Featured throughout are a mélange of international dancers that hail from Nigeria, Ghana, Grenada, Trinidad and the U.S.
In an interview with iHeartRadio, Jackson shared she’s “always loved Latin music, and obviously, the African music is there and always been an influence.”
“Coming from what Daddy Yankee does in reggaeton, it’s inspiration,” she added. “It’s reggae music, which brings you back to the African vibe, the whole bit. It was really nice working with him,” Jackson said.
Jackson and Yankee also performed the song live on The Tonight Show marking her first late-night appearance in 14 years.
Madonna released a stunning, long-form music video from her performance at the MET Gala earlier this year.
The video begins with bold, dynamic visions of religious imagery and Gregorian chanting leading into, of course, “Like a Virgin.”
After making her way down a huge stairway, Madge and company do a quick costume change at the 6:05 mark as she launches into “Beautiful Game.”
After a choreographed assault by her dancers that leaves her prone of the steps of the MET, the Queen of Pop performs Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” while slowly making her exit.
The dramatic final frames of the video (would we expect anything less?) focus on a concrete angel with the rumbling of thunder in the distance.
Quite the message.
Watch Madonna and company below.
In related Madonna news, can we say god bless the gay DJs?
The new Cher cover of ABBA’s “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” dropped last week and within 24 hours DJ Alex Simpson, based in Toronto, shared his fierce remix of Cher’s new track and Madonna’s 2005 hit “Hung Up,” which samples the ABBA classic.
I believe this is, technically, the first time the two divas have sung together before…?
|(image via Instagram)|
Speaking to Billboard, Janet Jackson shares how the LGBTQ community has inspired her work:
It’s a loving, all-embracing community that has always inspired me.
I don’t often listen to my own work, but when I go back to [1997’s] Velvet Rope, I put on “Together Again” and remember the friends I lost to AIDS.
It was important to me to honor them not mournfully but joyously in a celebratory song. Their spirit did so much to bolster mine.
Sometimes when people talk about Velvet Rope, they call it my edgiest or sexiest record. Yet the heart of the record is not about sex at all. It’s about how, in defiance of death, we will all be “together again.”
It’s an anthem to undying love.
|Fitness model Nick Sandell|
Some news items you may have missed:
• Nick Sandell wishes you a shirtless Happy Happy New Year!
• Debra Messing says new Will & Grace episodes are not a done deal.
• Only 46% of Americans believe Donald Trump can handle an international crisis versus an average of 71% of his predecessors.
• Janet Jackson gives birth to her first child at 50.
• The Alabama NAACP is holding a sit-in at Sen. Jeff Sessions office until he withdraws his nomination for U.S. Attorney General.
• New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has proposed to offer free tuition at state colleges to hundreds of thousands of middle- and low-income New Yorkers.
• On New Year’s Eve, a federal judge issued an injunction blocking enforcement of federal protections that would have barred those in healthcare services to deny reproductive health services as well as services to transgender people based on “religious beliefs.”
• It’s been 159 days since Donald Trump held a press conference. Back in the summer days of the campaign, he excoriated Hillary Clinton for going 179 days with answering questions from the press. Hypocrisy?