• Celeb chef Franco Noriega was wishing for Friday – and here we are! #FrancoFriday #morewine
• Anti-gay President Jair Bolsonaro told reporters this week regarding his country’s travel economy: “If you want to come here and have sex with a woman, go for your life. But we can’t let this place become known as a gay tourism paradise. Brazil can’t be a country of the gay world, of gay tourism. We have families.”
• In the first poll published after former Vice President Joe Biden officially announced his run for the White House, Biden leads Donald Trump by six points.
• Mat Staver, founder of the virulently anti-LGBTQ Liberty Counsel, says passage of The Equality Act would lead to pedophilia.
• The Washington Post reports: “A majority of Americans say they oppose calls for Congress to launch impeachment proceedings against President Trump in the wake of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.” I agree. Impeachment proceedings would only make Trump a martyr heading into the 2020 election.
• Geraldo Rivera, on this morning’s Fox & Friends, referred to openly gay Mayor Pete Buttigieg as “flamboyant.”
“If you wanted to go with the young buckaroo with flamboyant ideas and an aggressive point of view, maybe you go with Mayor Pete who has demonstrated success in South Bend.”
Geraldo Rivera: “If you wanted to go with the young buckaroo with the flamboyant ideas and an aggressive point of view, maybe you go with Mayor Pete” pic.twitter.com/xwsguWrhAw
•The founder of the largest Christian music festival in the U.S. has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for having sex with multiple pre-teen girls. #ButWeAreThePerverts?
•Virulently anti-LGBTQ Republican Hardy Billington, currently running for the Missouri legislature, says “homosexuality, whether male or female, can take anywhere from 10, 20 or 30 years off of someone’s lifespan.” #seriously
• Grindr says “It’s time to play nice” and put a stop to sexual racism. Get ready for a ‘Kindr’ Grindr.
Celebrity chef Franco Noriega recently debuted his first music video – “Me Aceleras” (“You Accelerate Me”) and it is hot, hot, hot.
Dancing with some of the uber-beautiful people of Miami, this is definitely a party you want to hit up.
(screen capture from “Me Aceleras”)
Chef-to-pop star may not seem like the most logical of paths but when you’ve got the heat you don’t keep it in the kitchen.
“I believe a lot in the power of visualization. That’s what I do,” Noriega told Paper Magazine in January. “It’s like the Law of Attraction philosophy. You meditate towards [what you want], and it’s incredible, because you really create your own reality.”
And when it comes to music, “I’m super excited for everything about singing, because it’s so new. When something is so new, there’s nothing really that can go wrong. Because you had nothing before this. There’s a beauty in the freedom of the unknown.”
• A group of men arrested in Egypt for waving a rainbow Pride flag are being subjected to hideous forced anal exams to prove whether they’ve had sex with men. Gay sex isn’t illegal per se in Egypt, but the country is currently cracking down on so-called “moral decency.”
• Ivanka and brother Donald Trump Jr. were close to being charged with fraud in NYC back in 2012 until the Manhattan District Attorney received a campaign donation of $25,000 from Trump Sr.’s personal lawyer. The case was summarily dropped. #ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmm
• Sad to read one of my favorite Major League Baseball teams, the New York Yankees, are one of four MLB teams to have never hosted an LGBT pride night for fans. The New York Timeswrites that the Yankees have “shied away from promotions with an ethnic or cultural flavor.”
• Check out your new judges for the American Idol reboot for the first time on Good Morning America this week: Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan