• Out: Bob the Drag Queen won’t be walking purse first into the RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 7 werkroom because she never got invited to be on this special “all-winners” season.
• Variety: Ezra Miller has been arrested for second-degree assault in Hawaii, less than four weeks after the “Flash” and “Fantastic Beasts” star was arrested for disorderly conduct and harassment.
Ezra Miller has been arrested for second-degree assault in Hawaii, less than four weeks after the “Flash” and “Fantastic Beasts” star was arrested for disorderly conduct and harassment. https://t.co/Sog7lkh8wA
• Florida Politics: Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is ticked off at Disney for criticizing his “Don’t Say Gay” legislation. So now he’s having a special session of the state lawmakers “take a look” at Disney World’s self-government deal that’s been in place for decades.
• HuffPost: Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) “would really love” to run against Donald Trump for president in 2024. “Even if he crushed me, like in a primary, to be able to stand up and call out the garbage is just a necessary thing, regardless of who it is. I think it’d be fun.”
Kinzinger tells @lizskalka it would be “fun” to run against Trump in a primary.
“Even if he crushed me…to be able to stand up and call out the garbage is just a necessary thing, regardless of who it is” https://t.co/QxZJUCt14p
• Raw Story: A former aide to Trump-loving Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) is filing a brutal employment-related complaint against Cawthorn describing him as a “bad person” and “habitual liar” who’s “going to say and do anything he can to your face but behind your back he’s completely opposite.”
• Good Morning Britain: Millionaire businessman Andrey Stavnitser saw from his home’s webcams that Russian soldiers were deploying equipment from the expansive mansion, so he gave the location co-ordinates to the Ukraine military and told them to bomb the home.
• Out: On the popular “Am I the A**hole?” subreddit, a gay Reddit user shared the astonishing story of how his daughter is not only barring him from bringing his husband and his son to her upcoming nuptials (the in-laws-to-be are conservative), but she’s also expecting him to pay for the entire affair out of his pocket! Continue reading “News Round-Up: March 29, 2022”
Out actor Ezra Miller and his band, Sons of an Illustrious Father, were recently out at a sexy, queer party in Nashville while on tour. As the story goes, heterosexual folks started dropping by the shindig as it was the coolest thing in town that night.
Miller’s band mate, Lilah Larson, says the straight folks “were sort of uncomfortably ogling the frolicking queers — including us — in a way that belied their envy and lust.”
But when the Pussycat Dolls’ hit, “Don’t Cha,” came up in the music cue, the band realized they needed to cover the track, from their own perspective, as a way to “encapsulate this common experience.”
Wearing black leotards, dancing to a slowed, time-warped version of the song, the music video is an animal all unto its own.