Sources tell E! News exclusively that Carole Baskin, Chrishell Stause, Anne Heche, and AJ McLean are all in talks to compete for the mirrorball trophy this season, and are close to being confirmed.
Sources also say that Dr. Anthony Fauci, coronavirus expert, was asked, but declined to participate, which is really a shame. Just imagine Carole Baskin and Dr. Fauci standing on that stage together, awaiting the results of America’s vote.
The full cast will be announced on Wednesday, Sept. 2 on Good Morning America. Until then, ABC won’t be confirming or commenting on any cast reports.
• Now why don’t any of my hikes come across folks like InstaHunk Joel Green? #NatureDoesAGuyGood
• The documentary Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood, which chronicles the life of Scotty Bowers who procured “dates” for movie stars back in the Golden Age of Hollywood, scored big at the box office in it’s first weekend.
• Deonton A. Rogers faces several serious charges for the non-fatal shooting of a 29-year-old trans woman in Detroit. Rogers made a lewd remark to her, but when he realized the woman was transgender, he initiated a fight. But the woman fought back; that prompted Rogers to pull out a gun and shoot the woman in the shoulder before fleeing the scene. The victim has since made a full recovery, and lucky for her, the entire incident was caught on security cameras.
• Olympic medal-winning figure skater, Adam Rippon, announced this morning that he will be joining the panel of judges for “Dancing With The Stars: Juniors.” Rippon won season 26 of the reality show with pro partner Jenna Johnson.
• Max Emerson and Abram Hodgens (above) know how to April in style! Oh, to be in Park City right now…
• Ok, so now I have to watch the upcoming all-athletes edition of Dancing with the Stars because oh-so-awesome Olympic bronze medalist Adam Rippon will be taking part in the reality competition. Two Olympic skaters have won in the past, so, just saying… 🙂
• Fitness model Quin Bruce is giving you “off-duty Superman”… #woof
Us Weekly is reporting that U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte will appear in as a contestant in season 23 of Dancing With the Stars.
This comes, of course, in the aftermath of his Rio robbery scandal, which he eventually tearfully admitted was “overexaggerated” regarding being robbed at gunpoint.
“Doing DWTS will be great for Ryan’s image!” an insider tells Us Weekly. “He will be able to show America that he’s a good guy who made a mistake. He’s still an Olympic champion! He will be great on the show.”
The cast of celebrities for the upcoming season of the ABC dancing competition has not yet been announced and reps for the show never comment on casting rumors, but this season will likely include a few Olympic athletes.
You have to wonder if this was a quick PR move or if it was in the works before the Olympics.
Not only did I meet and snap a pic with the VERY handsome DiMarco, but I interviewed him for The Randy Report and my online radio show – coming soon.
I have to say I’ve met a lot of celebs over the years, and most look like themselves in real life for the most part (versus their “prettier” TV or film selves).
However, Nyle exceeds all expectations. He really is this awesomely handsome. And very charming.
In addition to his current modeling career and upcoming gig at Chippendales, he’s launched The Nyle DiMarco Foundation. Nyle wants to work with parents and families to ensure Deaf children receive the same opportunities he did in terms of being able to learn American Sign Language and English. I was surprised to learn that out of the 70 million deaf people worldwide, only 2% has access to education in sign language.
Look for the interview here in the next day or so. I first have to recover from meeting him.
Regular readers of The Randy Report know I was a big supporter of Nyle during his triumphant DWTS run with Peta Murgatroyd, posting several times about him. You can see those posts here.
UPDATE: I aired my radio show interview. You can listen below.
Having been a professional dancer myself for over 30 years, I step back and watching this I’m awestruck at not only Sam, but any of these celebs who are not “performers” by trade. The idea of DANCING a difficult routine in front of millions for the first time? Wow. Imagine what goes through your head.
Sam and Murgatroyd ended up in the middle of the pack with a score of 26 out of 40 from the judges, so while there’s room for improvement, we all know Sam isn’t one to shy from hard work.
The cast of the 10th anniversary edition of Dancing With The Starswas announced today, and it includes out football player Michael Sam.
Television icon Suzanne Somers, music great Patti LaBelle, football star Michael Sam and Olympian Nastia Liukin are among the stars getting ready to rhumba and samba on the dance floor.
“Shark Tank” mogul Robert Herjavec, “Hunger Games” actress Willow Shields, artist-actress Rumer Willis, “Party Rock Anthem” singer Redfoo and R5 singer-songwriter Riker Lynch will also be vying for the trophy this season.
Sam posted this statement to his Facebook page today regarding DWTS:
Very excited to be a part of DWTS. Football remains my unquestioned number 1 priority, however, while I continue to train and stay ready, I am ecstatic to participate in a fun, athletic competition like so many players before me have done. Filming this offseason is very flexible and allows me to be part of the veterans combine 3/22 if accepted or any other workouts. I’m looking forward to getting started with @PetaMurgatroyd and winning! Thanks for the support! #TeamSambatroyd