• Happy Birthday: Sending the biggest birthday wishes to Broadway legend Chita Rivera (above) who turns 88 years young today. I was thrilled to work with the singular sensation during one of my many chapters with CHICAGO the Musical. #HappyBirthdayToYouuuuuuuuuuuuu
• BosGuy: It’s Furry Friday every week on the veteran LGBTQ blogger’s site and we’re always so much the better for it. Hit the link 🙂
• Instinct Magazine: President Biden’s new Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin III, announced during his confirmation hearing that he is definitely in favor of Biden’s plan to reverse the woeful ban on transgender military service members. “I support the president’s plan to overturn the ban.”
• The Advocate: President Biden’s nominee for secretary of State, Antony Blinken, says he will appoint an envoy for LGBTQ+ rights and allow U.S. embassies around the world display the LGBTQ+ Pride flag without restrictions.
• Washington Post: Federal law enforcement officials are privately debating whether they should decline to charge some of the individuals who stormed the U.S. Capitol out of concern that hundreds of such cases could swamp the courts. Some federal officials have argued internally that those people who are known only to have committed unlawful entry — and were not engaged in violent, threatening or destructive behavior — should not be charged.
• Edge Media: Watch this mom take credit for her OnlyFans star son’s ‘biggest asset.’ “Of course I’m proud. I’m your #1 fan. I’m always upbeat, you know that. I made that dick, I want a percentage.”
• New Day: I thought a lot about the right image to lead this news round-up today. After years of the popular meme of the lawn boy being yelled at by Donald Trump, today – no yelling. #AndExhale #PoofHesGone
• LGBTQ Nation: Antony J. Blinken, Joe Biden’s nominee for Secretary of State, told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in his confirmation hearing that he will enact policies that will allow American embassies to support and protect LGBTQ rights around the world by flying the rainbow flag.
• LA Times: The FBI raided the Huntington Beach apartment of openly-gay far-right extremist Kristopher Dreww, who boasted on social media about attending the invasion of the U.S. Capitol. No arrest took place but undisclosed items were removed from the residence.
• Meidas Touch: Bette Midler has a message for Donald Trump. I’m so happy to wave ‘so long dearie’ to the Trump years in the White House, but how could I not post this?
• Washington Post: Donald Trump had imagined a showy military send-off, however only a modest crowd of a few hundred loyalists showed up at Joint Base Andrews to see him off. The event had more of a feel of a county fair than a big-budget extravaganza. In a Trumpian twist, the music that played as he ended his remarks was the Village People’s “YMCA,” a singalong staple from his boisterous political rallies.
• New York Times: The Proud Boys, a far-right extremist group who were staunch supporters of Donald Trump, have begun to turn on the Trumpster calling him “weak” and “a total failure.”
• The Daily Beast: As it became clear that Trump was not, in fact, going to suddenly appear and order the arrest of all the Democrats, QAnon believers – like the Proud Boys – also began to wonder if they had been tricked.
QAnon MAGA struggling today as they realize “The Storm” isn’t coming and it was all BS.
“Trump fooled us,” complained one Telegram commenter.
“All my family and co-workers think I’m crazy,” wrote another.
Ron Watkins, son of 8kun owner Jim Watkins & a QAnon influencer himself, told adherents on Telegram “we have a new president sworn in and it is our responsibility as citizens to respect the Constitution…”