Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: Four-time SURVIVOR contestant and fan favorite Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth recently came out as bisexual.
• The Hollywood Reporter: Three years after The CW passed on Glamorous, Netflix has picked up the redeveloped series about a young gender non-conforming queer man.
Netflix Lands Former CW Queer Drama ‘Glamorous’ https://t.co/vJNd4RdOhF
— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) April 11, 2022
• Gayety: Actor Sam Elliot has apologized for his homophobic remarks about the acclaimed film, The Power of the Dog, saying he “wasn’t very articulate” and “I said some things that hurt people and I feel terrible about that.”
“The gay community has been incredible to me my entire career. And I mean my entire career, from before I got started in this town. Friends on every level and every job description up until today. I’m sorry I hurt any of those friends and someone that I loved. And anyone else by the words that I used.”
• ICYMI: Last week, as Alabama lawmakers were debating its now-passed anti-transgender bills, Rep. Neil Rafferty (D), the only out member of the state House tried to appeal to his colleagues. Definitely worth the listen:
Lots of moments today in the Alabama Legislature. This is one of them. pic.twitter.com/XVmLuxayXy
— Kyle Whitmire (@WarOnDumb) April 7, 2022
• AP News: Mayor Vadym Boychenko of the city of Mariupol in Ukraine says more than 10,000 civilians have died due to the Russian offensive in the city. The mayor described the streets of his city as “carpeted” with bodies.
• CBS Sunday Morning: His music videos lampooning politicians and culture warriors have made comedian Randy Rainbow a social media sensation. TRR favorite gets the Sunday morning profile he deserves.