Some news items you might have missed:
• San Diego Union-Tribune: Two protesters offended by a Pride exhibit at a public library have checked out nearly all the books in the display and vowed to keep them until the library eliminates what they call “inappropriate content” for children.
• New Republic: The Supreme Court is set to release its ruling on the case of 303 Creative v. Elenis which involves a homophobic designer who doesn’t want to provide services to gay couples about to be married. But last minute reporting seems to show the “gay couple” referenced in the case doesn’t exist.
• Variety: Geraldo Rivera has announced he is leaving Fox News, his media home since 2001. “I’ve been fired from ‘The Five,’ and as a result, I quit Fox.”
Geraldo Rivera, who has called Fox News his home since leaving CNBC in 2001 to join as the cable outlet’s ostensible war correspondent, announced he is leaving Fox News. “I’ve been fired from ‘The Five,’ and as a result, I quit Fox.” https://t.co/IyXsOxPSqR
— Variety (@Variety) June 29, 2023
• Sun-Sentinel: Former School Resource Officer Scot Peterson, the only person other than the gunman to face charges in the 2018 Parkland massacre when he was accused of failing to rush into the building to confront the mass shooter, has been found not guilty on all charges. He was literally paid to be prepared to protect the kids.
• The Advocate: As CNN and Fox News struggle with staffing tumult, liberal-leaning MSNBC is reveling in their chaos and rising precipitously in the ratings.
• The Independent: The Department of Justice says it is prepared to “stack” an “additional 30 to 45 charges” on top of the 37-count indictment brought against Donald Trump on June 8.
Prosecutors are prepared to hit Trump and his allies with new charges, sources say https://t.co/cr0mKlpTOH
— The Independent (@Independent) June 29, 2023