Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Czech soccer star Jakub Jankto has become the first active international men’s player to announce he is gay. In his coming out message (below), Jankto says he wants to “live my life in freedom without fears.” Congrats, Jakub, for loving yourself enough to live out loud.
— Jakub Jankto (@jakubjanktojr) February 13, 2023
• Outsports: There was a time, summer of 2021, where it looked like sports were turning a corner when it came to LGBTQ inclusion. As we push through the second month of 2023, we’ve hit a slump.
• NowThis News: 34-year-old Rep. George Santos (R-NY) told Newsmax’s Greg Kelly that he founded his company, Devolder Organization, in 2001. Santos would’ve been at most 13 years old in 2001.
• Instinct Magazine: The new trailer for the upcoming The Flash serves up a multiverse of DC heroes including two versions of Batman (Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton) as the film’s star Ezra Miller appears as two different version of himself. In theaters June 16.
34-year-old Rep. George Santos (R-NY) told Newsmax's Greg Kelly that he founded his company, Devolder Organization, in 2001. Santos would've been at most 13 years old in 2001. pic.twitter.com/wwhxEJ1jZP
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) February 13, 2023
• Washington Post: Russian President Vladimir Putin’s war has set off an exodus of his own people. Initial data shows that at least 500,000, and perhaps nearly 1 million, have left Russia in the year since the Ukraine invasion began.
• JoeMyGod: Former somebody Megan Kelly had a meltdown over the “woke” Super Bowl. From the all-female flyover crew at the end of the national anthem to the “parade of left-wing celebrities all over the ads” – it all irritated her.
— JoeMyGod (@JoeMyGod) February 13, 2023