Some news items you might have missed:
• Gayety: Check out highlights for LGBTQ artists and allies at the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards. My favorite moment – longtime LGBTQ ally and forever Dreamgirl Sheryl Lee Ralph took home the trophy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in Abbott Elementary. This is an acceptance speech for the ages.
• The Advocate: A bar in Texas was forced to cancel an all-ages Disney-themed drag show after receiving a barrage of threatening messages from online conservatives.
• Pink News: The EuroPride march route has been officially banned by Serbian police following mass anti-LGBTQ+ protests. The event was due to take place in Belgrade on Saturday (September 17) as part of Serbia’s bid for membership to the European Union.
Beleaguered EuroPride march banned by Serbian police amid mass anti-LGBTQ+ protestshttps://t.co/tlR8RgAO8v
— PinkNews (@PinkNews) September 13, 2022
• New York Times: Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) introduced legislation on Tuesday that would institute a federal ban on abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy, reigniting debate on a divisive issue just weeks before the mid-term elections.
• Washington Post: In what could be a critical week for the Respect for Marriage Act (which would codify marriage equality into law) in the Senate, more than 400 former and current GOP officials have signed a letter in support of the legislation.