Some news items you might have missed:
• PrideSource: Promoting her new album, Queen of Me, superstar Shania Twain re-ups her apology to LGBTQ people for her past support of Donald Trump: “I regret that anyone felt that I would ever have felt that it was OK to exclude LGBTQ+ [people]. “
• Reuters: The judge presiding over the case of accused Club Q shooter Anderson Lee Aldrich ordered the 22-year-old to be held without bail until his trial.
• Politico: Truth-challenged out Rep. George Santos lied to a judge in 2017 in a bid to help a ‘family friend’ charged with fraud. #QuelSurprise
• AP News: McDonald’s is rolling out chicken-less McNuggets — dubbed McPlant nuggets — in Germany this week. The nuggets are made from peas, corn and wheat with a tempura batter. The McPlant burger’s test run in the U.S. last summer was – no surprise – short-lived.
McDonald’s McNuggets are going fowl-free. The fast food chain is introducing plant-based McNuggets next week.
McPlant Nuggets — made from peas, corn and wheat with a tempura batter — are the second product McDonald’s has co-developed with Beyond Meat. https://t.co/v9diWrgiXK
— The Associated Press (@AP) February 16, 2023
• Yahoo News: Former Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) says he retired due to the long-term effects of COVID-19. “Five or six others have (long COVID), but I’m the only one who admits it.” Note – Inhofe voted against multiple coronavirus aid packages meant to help Americans.
• Spotify: The streaming music platform has launched DJ – a personalized AI guide that knows you and your music taste so well that it can choose what to play for you. The new feature will deliver a curated lineup of music alongside commentary around the tracks and artists you play.