Some news stories you might have missed:
• NBC Out: Rep. Robert Garcia (D-CA), the first gay immigrant elected to Congress, sashayed to the House floor on Wednesday to honor drag icon RuPaul Charles, as the centuries-old art form has become a political lightning rod in recent months.
“I rise to commemorate the start of Pride Month by honoring the one and only queen of drag, RuPaul.”
— Congressman Robert Garcia (@RepRobertGarcia) June 7, 2023
• The Advocate: Residents of Asheville, North Carolina, decided to send a message of love and acceptance to their queer neighbors by filling sidewalks outside of Greater Works Church with chalk artwork during an anti-LGBTQ+ event.
• C-SPAN: At his 2024 campaign launch today, Mike Pence went at Donald Trump saying the former president handled the January 6 invasion of the U.S. Capitol building wrong and “should never be president of the U.S. again.”
.@Mike_Pence: "President Trump was wrong then and he's wrong now…Anyone who puts themselves over the Constitution should never be president of the United States, and anyone who asks someone else to put them over the Constitution should never be president of the U.S. again." pic.twitter.com/Lk9K9XvD5Q
— CSPAN (@cspan) June 7, 2023
• PEOPLE: At ‘The Magic of Will & Grace’ panel at The Paley Center for Media in New York City on Monday evening, Eric McCormack recalled an episode of the show that was so boundary-pushing, it never made its way to network reruns.
• Instinct Magazine: Actress Jennifer Coolidge spills the tea on the backstory of her iconic line from The White Lotus – “Please, these gays. They’re trying to murder me.”
— Instinct Magazine (@instinctmag) June 7, 2023