Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: John Casey takes a look at how Robert F. Kennedy Jr. – who has said poppers cause AIDS, denounced the COVID vaccines, declared contaminated water turns kids trans, and is now a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination – is impacting his family’s storied political legacy.
• LGBTQ Nation: An elementary school teacher in Georgia has been fired for reading a “divisive” book about acceptance to her 5th-grade class. She bought the book, My Shadow is Purple, at the school’s own Scholastic Book Fair.
• Pink News: A transgender man in California claims a Walgreens pharmacist in Oakland refused to dispense his hormone replacement medicine due to their “religious beliefs.”
• AP News: New York Gov. Kathy Hochul has signed a law to protect doctors in the state who prescribe abortion pills to patients in other states where the procedure is outlawed.
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul has signed a law to protect doctors in the state who prescribe abortion pills to patients in other states where the procedure is outlawed. https://t.co/X0AeLQ09CL
— The Associated Press (@AP) June 23, 2023
• JustJared: According to a new report, Vanna White hasn’t received a pay raise at Wheel of Fortune in 18 years! The report claims she makes $3 million per year on the hit game show while Pat Sajak makes five times that.
• TikTok: Grammy and Tony Award winner and LGBTQ ally Cyndi Lauper sends everyone best wishes for a Happy Pride Month. #legend