Some news items you might have missed:
• Pink News: Cast members of MTV’s new reality show The Real Friends of WeHo have responded to furious RuPaul’s Drag Race fans who are blaming them season 15 episodes being too short. btw – turns out they all aren’t really friends… huh.
• ETonline: Two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer David Crosby, a founding member of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash, died on Thursday at the age of 81.
Melissa Etheridge has paid tribute to David Crosby, the biological father of her daughter: "He gave me the gift of family. I will forever be grateful to him, Django, and Jan. His music and legacy will inspire many generations to come. A true treasure."https://t.co/vEAvzuJEIp pic.twitter.com/LVG3NSgKr4
— Stereogum (@stereogum) January 20, 2023
• Washington Post: Lying liar Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) is denying that he has ever performed as a drag queen after reports emerged that the newly elected congressman years ago competed in Brazilian beauty pageants under the drag name Kitara.
Don’t you let the MEDIA lie about you. You survived Pearl Harbor, invented the wheel, went to the moon 13 times, married Betsy Ross, parted the Red Sea, and you have 7 Super Bowl Rings.
WE GOT YOUR BACK GEORGIE!!!!!!
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) January 19, 2023
• Axios: Women in states with abortion bans are nearly three times more likely to die during pregnancy, childbirth or soon after giving birth, according to a report from the Gender Equity Policy Institute.
• New York Times: Prosecutors say they will charge Alec Baldwin with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in the killing of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of “Rust,” saying they believed he had a duty to ensure the revolver was safe to handle.
Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for handling the gun that discharged on the set of “Rust” in 2021, killing its cinematographer, prosecutors in New Mexico announced. The movie’s armorer, who loaded the gun, will also be charged. https://t.co/4oGKMDp4Mj pic.twitter.com/k1RzrmHfhh
— The New York Times (@nytimes) January 19, 2023
• New York Daily News: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has requested data on the number of students who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria or who have received treatment in university clinics. #badnews
• Click Orlando: A pair of Orlando businesses that cater to the LGBTQ community were targeted by a vandal who shattered several windows before running away.