Some news items you might have missed:
• Variety: The return of the Golden Globe Awards to network TV drew a 1.1 rating and 6.3 million viewers, down 26% and 9%, respectively, from the last Globes telecast.
• News Channel Nebraska: A new bill proposed in the Nebraska legislation would ban anyone under 19 from watching a drag show, and it would prohibit anyone under 21 from watching drag shows where alcohol is present. But you can have a gun or join the military.
A bill proposed in the unicameral would place limitations on who can watch drag shows in Nebraska.https://t.co/GXoYwpB395
— News Channel Nebraska (@NewsChannelNE) January 12, 2023
• Huffpost: Text messages between conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and Fox News host Tucker Carlson show Tucker (initially) took the COVID pandemic more seriously in real life than what he said on TV.
• JoeMyGod: The loathsome Rep. George Santos (R-NY) threw his support behind Florida’s hideous Don’t Say Gay law back in April 2022. #quisling
— JoeMyGod (@JoeMyGod) January 12, 2023
• Washington Post: Inflation is slowing – the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports prices were 6.5 percent higher in December than they were a year before and fell 0.1 percent compared with November, the first time prices have dropped month-over-month since May 2020.
• New York Times: One of Rep. George Santos’s large donors was asked to make a $25,000 donation during the last election cycle by RedStone Strategies. The Federal Election Commission said it doesn’t know who RedStone Strategies is, and the donor has no idea where their money went.
Geez, so much graft round Santos@fec—had no evidence RedStone Strategies registered as political group, & there do not appear any records documenting its donors, contributions or spending
$800k to buy seat?
smells lk gop $10Ms+ dropped on IA https://t.co/A0E5454GuM
— Comments on Iowa (@commentoniowa) January 12, 2023