Some news items you might have missed:
• Playbill: Broadway star Ramin Karimloo says he has some regrets over sharing his progress in the gym on social media as he bulked up for his Broadway debut in Les Miserables several years ago.
• The Advocate: A Texas lawmaker has proposed legislation that would give a property tax break to straight couples, but not gay couples.
"Supporting Texas means supporting Texas families" — but only straight ones, says East Texas state Rep. Bryan Slaton. https://t.co/opXxiIootW
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) March 7, 2023
• Back2Stonewall: The Los Angeles Board of Supervisors on Tuesday voted unanimously to fly the controversial “Progress Pride Flag ” instead of the original Pride flag designed by Gilbert Baker at the request of Harvey Milk.
• JoeMyGod: Senate Republicans pushed back Tuesday on conservative Fox News host Tucker Carlson after he characterized the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol as “mostly peaceful chaos,” with North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis blasting those remarks as “bullshit.”
Republican Senator Thom Tillis calls Tucker Carlson’s tapes “Bullshit” . Your own damn party . 🤡pic.twitter.com/QskKAeLmb2
— Chase Waters (@ChaseWaters007) March 7, 2023
• Washington Post: A Virginia Navy reservist, Hatchet Speed, who praised Nazis was found guilty Tuesday for taking part in the violent Jan. 6 riot. After the riot, Speed bought $50,000 worth of firearms, which certainly didn’t help his case.
• Washington Blade: A Ukrainian MP has introduced a bill that would extend legal recognition to same-sex couples. Last summer, President Zelenskyy announced he supports such legislation for same-sex couples.
• Instagram: Porn star Austin Wolf was asked in a recent interview what his ‘body count’ was. Doing the math in his head, the 39-year-old came up with somewhere in the “7,000 to 9,000 range.” What’s his secret? “I’m doing it for a living.”