A new poll from Public Religion Research Institute shows 65% of Americans expect the U.S. Supreme Court to rule in favor of same-sex marriage nationwide.
• 65% expect the state bans currently in place (14 states) to be struck down.
• 55% of Americans support marriage equality; 37% oppose.
• 69% of Americans say they favor laws that protect LGBT folks against discrimination in jobs, public accommodations and housing.
• 60% of Americans oppose allowing private business owners refusing to serve LGBTs.
• 65% of Americans say they have a close friend or family member who is gay or lesbian.
• 11% of Americans say they have a close friend or family member who is transgender.