Some news items you might have missed:
• Edge Media: Ads on Grindr helped him win his campaign in Australia; now newly elected MP (Member of Parliament) Stephen Bates, 29, is speaking up about his traumatic years as a gay youth and vowing to be the role model he once wished for.
• NBC News: Oklahoma public schools have started requiring students from kindergarten to college to complete “biological sex affidavits” if they want to compete in school sports, in accordance with a state law that took effect earlier this year.
• WISN: Eating ultra-processed foods (like hot dogs, burgers, sodas, doughnuts, prepackaged foods, ready-to-eat meals) for more than 20% of your daily calorie intake every day could set you on the road to cognitive decline, a new study revealed.
• Yahoo News: Jojo Siwa is proud to be considered a ‘gay icon’ but she’s not at all fond of the word lesbian. “I don’t like the word itself. It’s just like a lot…It’s like the word moist. It’s just like … ugh!”
— Yahoo Life (@yahoolife) July 22, 2022
• LGBTQ Nation: Out Democratic Attorney General candidate Kris Mayes, formerly a moderate Republican, is running to serve Arizona instead of Trump.
• New Music: Out recording artist Hayley Kiyoko recently dropped her gorgeous new album, Panorama. The songs flow perfectly into each other, as the collection sends a message of resilience, personal growth, and self-love.
As one commenter on the YouTube page wrote, “This song literally feels like the soundtrack to an epically beautiful montage of a person’s entire life.”