Some news items you might have missed:
• Revry: The LGBTQ streaming platform celebrates the 15th anniversary of queer classic Another Gay Movie with a special tribute edition featuring fabulous reunion interviews and more.
Makes it all worthwhile young man ❤️ pic.twitter.com/4d2pVK2VU6
— Zander Murray (@ZanderMurray) September 27, 2022
• The Advocate: Brazil voted in the first two transgender members of its Congress in Sunday’s election, while the nation’s anti-LGBTQ+ president, Jair Bolsonaro, has been forced into a runoff as he seeks reelection.
• Pink News: Scooby-Doo fans rejoice as Velma is finally portrayed as a lesbian in the movie animation Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!
Jinkies! Scooby-Doo fans rejoice as Velma is finally portrayed as a lesbianhttps://t.co/k2YSAfikPn
— PinkNews (@PinkNews) October 4, 2022
• LGBTQ Nation: Students of at least six Arizona schools staged a walkout last week to protest new anti-LGBTQ laws that went into effect in the state late last month.
• Anniversaries: CBS News correspondent David Begnaud recently celebrated his 11th trip around the sun with his partner, Jeremy Tardo. In a social media post, the 39-year-old shares how their first date got off to a rocky start.
• Tallahassee.com: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is boasting about a month-long $200 million gas tax holiday (just a month before election day!). But he fails to mention it’s paid for through the American Rescue Plan, a federal law pushed through by President Biden that got zero Republican congressional support.
— Rep. Frederica Wilson (@RepWilson) October 4, 2022