Some news stories you might have missed:
• LGBTQ Nation: A teacher in South Carolina was fired for discussing an article on gay bear subculture to students in her class.
• The Advocate: John Casey chats with talented cast members from the hit HBO series Somebody Somewhere.
The beloved HBO hit returns tonight. The Advocate spoke to the stars about getting LGBTQ+ representation right in "Somebody Somewhere." https://t.co/cvHRFhuJMp
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) April 23, 2023
• Pink News: The first Tokyo Rainbow Pride in four years took place today as the nation’s LGBTQ community vows to fight for same-sex marriage. Japan is the only country in the Group of Seven (G7) that still doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage.
• Back2Stonewall: Will Kohler remembers the iconic NYC gay bar The Saint. The nightclub became famous in the 1980s as a safe space for gay men in an era when homophobia was still rampant, and many gay men felt isolated.
Those Were The Days – New York City: Remembering “The Saint” (1980 – 1988) #gay #history #NYC https://t.co/ZlgclnlbBz
— Back2Stonewall.com – Will Kohler (@BACK2STONEWALL) April 23, 2023
• OUT: Nathan Lane talks on his new movie Beau Is Afraid also starring Joaquin Phoenix and Patti LuPone.
• Twitter: Lizzo brought out the queens at her Nashville concert.
• JoeMyGod: The virulently anti-LGBTQ One Million Moms (which is really about a dozen insane far-right women) is mad that a same-sex couple is included among five other diverse couples in the new ad from Men’s Warehouse.
So, of course, I’m here to celebrate the ad spot.