Some news items you might have missed:
• Pink News: Gay Times, one of the world’s longest-running print magazines for the LGBTQ+ community, is ending its print edition after nearly 50 years with plans to go all-digital.
• Attitude Magazine: Spanish TV star Tom Brusse was recently asked during a TV interview if he had had any sexual encounters with a man? “I like to try everything,” he replied. “I try everything and see what I like and what I don’t like.”
View this post on Instagram
• Miami Herald: This week, the Axios/Ipsos Coronavirus Index said three in five people supported Biden’s vaccine mandate. In another poll, Politico/Morning Consult found almost 60% of registered voters backed Biden’s plan.
• The Advocate: In winning the 2021 Emmy Award for Outstanding Competition Program, RuPaul now holds the record for the most Primetime Emmy wins by a person of color.
"This is for you, and for you kids out there watching, you have a tribe that is waiting for you,” RuPaul said onstage, joined by @Gottmik, @the_symonee, and @michellevisage. “Come on to Mama Ru!” https://t.co/JXzi1VClvo
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) September 20, 2021
• LGBTQ Nation: A recent attack just off the piers of a San Diego city park has left a gay man with a spinal cord injury, a fractured eye socket, and a broken nose. Police are investigating the attack as a hate crime.
• More Emmy Awards: Broadway blockbuster Hamilton won at the 2021 Emmy Awards for “Outstanding Variety Special (Pre-Recorded). ”
— Television Academy (@TelevisionAcad) September 20, 2021