Catching up on some of the day’s headlines:
• Instinct Magazine: Dr. Rachel Levine, the nation’s most senior transgender official, once again made history by becoming the first openly transgender four-star officer across any of the country’s eight uniformed services.
— Instinct Magazine (@instinctmag) October 19, 2021
• The Advocate: The MTV Euro Music Awards will be held as planned November 14 in Budapest, the capital of Hungary, despite the country’s anti-LGBTQ+ laws. An MTV executive said in a statement: “We’re looking forward to using the event to amplify our voices and stand in solidarity with our LGBTQ siblings.”
• New York Times: The House select committee investigating the Capitol riot voted 9-0 to recommend charging former White House counselor Steve Bannon with criminal contempt of Congress for defying its subpoena.
Breaking News: A House panel recommended charging Steve Bannon with contempt for refusing to comply with a subpoena in the Capitol riot inquiry. The House is expected to approve the move and hand the matter over to the Justice Department for prosecution. https://t.co/V3cPn11NCa
— The New York Times (@nytimes) October 20, 2021
• CNN: CNN anchor and Chief National Correspondent John King told viewers on Tuesday that he has multiple sclerosis and is immunocompromised. And, that he’s grateful for people being vaccinated.
• NBC News: Puerto Rico leads the nation in Covid-19 vaccinations with at least 72% of Puerto Ricans fully vaccinated, surpassing Vermont and Guam, which also have high Covid-19 vaccination rates, according to NBC News’ tally.
• New Music: Global pop artist and songwriter Polina drops the music video to her international smash “Faena,” a luxurious musical daydream inspired by the South Beach Faena Hotel. Polina’s sexy vocals, breezy production, and a seductive chorus captures the magic of the space, and the inspiration for the track.