|Dave Marshall and Ronnie|
Some news items you might have missed:
• Openly gay super-producer Ryan Murphy (American Horror Story, Pose, GLEE, Assassination of Gianna Versace) is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
• This far-right pundit says women become lesbians because they’re too ugly to love. By that logic, he must be a screaming queen.
• Cher showed up at her own Broadway show – The Cher Show – last night, and the crowd lost its mind.
• Judy Sheindlin, more famous as TV’s Judge Judy, made an astounding $147 million last year before taxes making Sheindlin the world’s highest-paid television host. The lion share of that was for selling the rights to her 5,200-episode library, as well as future episodes of the show, to CBS for an estimated $100 million.
• A man was brutally beaten, robbed & humiliated during an Instagram hook-up.
• A gay Virginia firefighter got married in 2014 and suddenly became the ridicule of not only fellow firefighters but his superiors. He was eventually filed for early retirement after being told he would be fired if he didn’t resign. He’s now suing for lost wages and benefits.
• Check out Upsahl’s new music video, “The Other Team,” about unrequited feelings and crushing on people that don’t like you back.
The lyrics focus on those folks who are swinging for somebody else’s ‘other team,’ so there’s lots of missed connections between characters throughout the video. Definitely has some ‘Breakfast Club’ vibes, so it really takes you back to high school and the whirlwind of emotions that go with it