Some news items you might have missed:
• Citizen Times: Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) is having quite a week as a federal appeals court questioned whether a lower court got it right when it blocked a challenge of the controversial congressman’s candidacy by voters who cited a section of the Constitution addressing insurrection as disqualifying him.
The case began in January when candidate challenges were brought against Madison Cawthorn by voters in a district that he initially decided to run in. https://t.co/FCYI6uVEKv
— The Citizen Times (@asheville) May 4, 2022
• Gayety: Joe Locke, one of the stars of the hit Netflix series Heartstopper chats about the show’s success and why it resonates with audiences.
• MSN: Chuck Todd‘s Meet the Press Daily is
being demoted moving from MSNBC to streaming service NBC News NOW. Todd has faced criticism for years for what some have described as “soft” interviews.
Trevor Noah roasts Chuck Todd at the #WHCA Dinner.
“Chuck Todd is here. Chuck, you here? How you doing? I’d ask a follow-up, but I know you don’t know what those are.” pic.twitter.com/oRBMiYZdc7
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) May 1, 2022
• New York Times: The U.S. added 428,000 jobs in April as the labor market remained vibrant. The unemployment rate in April remained 3.6 percent.
• Instinct Magazine: Grammy and Tony Award winner Jennifer Holliday (Dreamgirls) has a new single racing up the charts – “So In Love.”