Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Click over to read the story of Dontai Carmon, who comes out at the intersection of Black, gay and autistic.
• Stonewall Gazette: Mykal Kilgore (lead image) is the first openly gay man to be nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of “Best Traditional R&B.” Kilgore, an award-winning Broadway performer, received the nomination for his single, “Let Me Go”, which is the first release from his debut album, “A Man Born Black.”
• BosGuy: Our favorite Boston-based LGBTQ blogger offered this tasty recipe for pasta with tomato and feta cheese. Who can’t use a new, easy recipe?
• Kenneth-in-the-212: In this week’s Mugshot Monday post, Joshua James, 24, threw a 3.5 foot alligator through a Palm Beach County Wendy’s drive-thru window nearly four months ago, according to Florida Fish Wildlife and Conservation officials. He was also charged with illegally possessing an alligator and petty theft.
• CNN: Republican Sen. Tom Cotton expressed his displeasure over folks in prison getting ‘stimulus relief’ checks. Prisoners were eligible for checks up to $1,200 per individual from the first bill Trump signed and up to $600 from the second bill Trump signed, depending on their income. Both of those bills were approved by a GOP-controlled Senate — and Cotton voted for both of them.
• Twitter: A whole fight (straight out of Dynasty) happened at Bath & Body Works…
A whole fight just happened at bath & body works 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’m dying pic.twitter.com/ocumzj8G9f
— Genevieve (@gendenslow) March 6, 2021