Some news items you might have missed:
• Man Crush Monday – Fitness model Quin Bruce (above) has pretty much mastered the “far-away wistful gaze.” #woof
• According to a national tracking survey, support for LGBTQ people across the country has fallen for the first time in four years.
• Researchers from Johns Hopkins Medicine and Harvard University have found transgender people are increasingly opting for gender confirmation surgery. From 2000 to 2014, researchers found such surgeries have increased fourfold.
• Chilean film A Fantastic Woman made history last night at the Oscars as the first film with a main transgender storyline and starring an out transgender actress to win at the Academy Awards taking home the statue for Best Foreign Film.
• Donald Trump’s self-determined deadline on a legislative fix for “Dreamers” came and went today. The courts stopped the government from deporting “dreamers” but, what now?
• The always ethereal Lana Del Rey covers “You Must Love Me” from the film adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Evita.
Sir Andrew penned the song specifically for the film and went on to win the Oscar for “Best Original Song.” I’ve always felt the new tune helped Madonna take home the Golden Globe for Best Actress for her performance as “Eva Perón.”