Some news items you might have missed:
• Seattle Times: Seattle Pride has cut Amazon as a sponsor for its annual parade citing financial support for anti-LGBTQ lawmakers, organizations and legislation PLUS a request to call the annual celebration Seattle Pride Parade Presented by Amazon.
• The Advocate: Dr. Anthony Fauci isn’t going anywhere until there’s a cure for HIV.
• CNBC: Donald Trump is suing Hillary Clinton and the DNC for allegedly conspiring to “weave a false narrative” during the 2016 presidential election that Trump and his campaign were colluding with Russia. That would be the election he won…
Trump sues Hillary Clinton, DNC for more than $70M over 2016 election, Russia collusion claims https://t.co/6zllMvf4uw
— CNBC (@CNBC) March 24, 2022
• HuffPost: Speedo has reportedly ditched its sponsorship deal with two-time Russian Olympic champion swimmer Evgeny Rylov after he appeared on stage at a weekend pro-war rally hosted by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
• Axios: Arizona lawmakers approved an abortion ban after 15 weeks of pregnancy. Health professionals who perform an abortion after the 15th week of pregnancy could lose their medical license or face imprisonment. No exceptions for cases of rape or incest.
• Department of Labor: For the week ending March 19, the number of new claims for unemployment insurance was 187,000, a decrease of 28,000 from the previous week. This is the lowest level for new claims since September 6, 1969.
When @POTUS took office, more than 800,000 new claims were being filed each week.
Today, we’re seeing the lowest level for initial claims since September 6, 1969. Our historic recovery continues. https://t.co/s0mgu74qqG
— Secretary Marty Walsh (@SecMartyWalsh) March 24, 2022