Some news items you might have missed:
• Spanish math teacher (can you imagine???) Manu strikes a heroic pose for his love: “”I could face and defeat the most dangerous monster just for your love.” #swoon
• A gay porn star proposed to his boyfriend after the couple had just finished shooting a scene. Who says romance is dead?
• Scottish First Minister Ncola Sturgeon, the head of government for Scotland, led Glasgow’s Pride parade Saturday, becoming the first serving prime minister or first minister in the U.K. to lead any Pride event.
• Queen Elizabeth was on her own during Donald Trump’s visit to the UK as Princes Harry and William refused to meet Donald Trump.
• Appearing on a panel with Pose co-creator Ryan Murphy in Los Angeles last Thursday, transgender writer/director Janet Mock, shared she never dreamed of directing television. “Directing was never on my list of things — I didn’t think it was a possibility.” Mock recently made history as the first trans woman of color to write and direct an episode for mainstream television.
• In an interview airing today with CBS News, Donald Trump says it never occurred to him to ask Russian President Vladimir Putin to extradite the dozen Russian officials charged with hacking Democratic emails earlier this week.
Isn’t he supposed to defend the United States???
WATCH: President Trump tells @CBSEveningNews‘ @jeffglor that he is going into the Helsinki summit with “low expectations” and that he will consider asking Russia to extradite agents indicted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. More on @FaceTheNation Sunday. https://t.co/59FYX8FTIg pic.twitter.com/u0rwS8rkxk
— CBS News (@CBSNews) July 15, 2018