|Wayne Skivington (via Instagram)|
Some news items you may have missed:
• Cirque du Soleil Zumanity performer & super-dad Wayne Skivington (above) gets his workout on with his adorable son.
• Vice President Pence is putting some space between himself and Donald Trump Jr.:”The Vice President was not aware of the meeting. He is not focused on stories about the campaign, particularly stories about the time before he joined the ticket.”
• Nearly two-thirds of American LGBTs feel less safe under President Trump.
• A much-rumored reboot of the Showtime series The L Word is officially in the works.
• True Blood star Nelsan Ellis died of heart failure due to alcohol withdrawal complications, and his family wants folks to know in an effort to save others.
• You have to stop, drop and scroll down to watch this awesome father of a 14-year-old transgender boy, Ashur, in Texas.
Ken Ballard speaks movingly about his son who has attempted suicide twice while coming to terms with being transgender and the anxiety about telling his parents and being accepted. Fortunately, Ashur is now living his authentic self and his parents love him unconditionally.
“I would rather have my son be alive than bury my daughter,” says Ken.