Some news items you might have missed:
• Queerty: In what’s been branded the #RamRanchResistance, an explicit metal song about horny cowboys is being used to troll anti-vax truck drivers in Canada.
• Pink News: 322 current and former NCAA, Team USA and international swimmers and divers have sent a letter to the NCAA in support of trans college star Lia Thomas saying they “support and welcome transgender and non-binary athletes in our sport.”
Hundreds of top swimmers rally behind Lia Thomas: 'Do not let politics hurt athletes' https://t.co/dQVAviWvvZ
— PinkNews (@PinkNews) February 15, 2022
• Washington Blade: Olympic gold for gay ice dancer Guillaume Cizeron. So far, 2 gold medals have been awarded to out LGBTQ athletes competing in Beijing
• Media Matters: A medical doctor recently praised by Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) made a deranged appearance on far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ broadcast where he announced the pandemic could be ended by killing several government officials and bombing the next meeting of the World Economic Forum.
• Washington Post: Former Olympians Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir did not refrain from sharing their thoughts on the figure skating situation playing out at the Beijing Olympic Games after a Russian skater tested positive for a banned substance but is being allowed to continue competing.
• Out: Meanwhile, out U.S. track and field star Sha’Carri Richardson, who was forced out of competition at the Summer Olympics last year after testing positive for THC (a non-performance enhancing drug), wants to know why the Russian skater (tested positive for a performance enhancing drug) gets to continue competing.
The track and field star weighed in on the ongoing Kamila Valieva controversy. https://t.co/E9EintZ7Lq
— Out Magazine (@outmagazine) February 15, 2022