|Fitness model John Gaines
Some news items you might have missed:
• I got your Hump Day right here – a woofy guy (fitness model John Gaines), a dog that woofs and a beach. What’s not to like? #HumpThis
• Toronto police, under fire for the slow response to investigate a series of gay murders, will not march in the city’s pride parade this year.
• Washington Blade reporter Chris Johnson, who covers the White House, will be honored by The White House Correspondents’ Association with an honorable mention for the Merriman Smith Award for print, which honors presidential news coverage under deadline pressure.
• A contest at a Malaysian university sought ideas to help “convert” gay students. The contest called for video and poster design as part of a campaign called “Back to Nature.”
• A CNN legal analyst described Donald Trump’s fruitless search for a lawyer as being “reduced to Legalzoom.” In light of the fact that Trump famously doesn’t listen to his lawyers’ advice or pay his legal fees, no one in Washington D.C. wants to rep him.
• Grindr says it will stop sharing subscribers HIV status with 3rd party companies.
• Maryland lawmakers have passed a bill that outlaws so-called “conversion therapy” for minors. The bill now goes to the governor for his signature.
• And how about one more from the hunky, handsome Mr. Gaines…