Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Black LGBTQ activists see justice in Derek Chauvin’s guilty verdicts in the murder of George Floyd, but also acknowledge the work ahead. “Today, humanity won over indifference.”
• Instinct Magazine: After many queens have impersonated her on RuPaul’s Drag Race, the indomitable Cher is hinting she may finally appear on the Emmy Award-winning series as a guest judge.
• NewNowNext: Gender-affirming healthcare bans are making life hell for transgender kids. Trans kids and their families are “in a state of panic,” one doctor in Arkansas told the AP.
• HuffPost: Former boy-bander Lance Bass says ‘Bachelor’ star Colton Underwood is catching flack from the LGBTQ community because some queer folks aren’t down with him ‘monetizing’ coming out.
• The Daily Beast: Ted Nugent, the right-wing rocker who’s spent the past year declaring the coronavirus a ‘scam’ has announced that he’s fallen badly sick with COVID-19.
Ted Nugent—the right-wing singer who’s spent the past year boring on about his ridiculous coronavirus and anti-vaccine conspiracy theories—has announced that he’s fallen badly sick with COVID-19 https://t.co/UsKNl41Qk0
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) April 20, 2021