Some news items you might have missed:
• NPR: Montana’s Republican-controlled state House of Representatives has voted to formally silence trans Rep. Zooey Zephyr (D). During a debate last week on a bill that would ban gender-affirming care, Zephyr told her colleagues they would “have blood on their hands,” referring to the lowered risk of suicide among trans people who have proper medical care.
• Axios: The Walt Disney Company filed a lawsuit Wednesday against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, alleging the state’s actions toward the company amount to a “targeted campaign” of government retaliation. Disney had the gall to speak out last year about the Sunshine State’s “Don’t Say Gay” law.
BREAKING: Disney sues DeSantis, alleging "targeted campaign of government retaliation" https://t.co/9cdjCGKnhj
— Axios (@axios) April 26, 2023
• ABC News: Cast members and the creator of the Showtime series “The L Word” praised President Joe Biden on Tuesday for his support of LGBTQ rights at a press briefing in honor of Lesbian Visibility Week.
• OUT: The White Lotus star Lukas Gage got surprise-married to his beau celebrity hairstylist Chris Appleton this past weekend and OUT has the details.
• LGBTQ Nation: Missouri is about to force transgender adults & teens to de-transition, so the ACLU is suing.
• 2024 Election: The 2024 Biden campaign’s first TV ad puts freedom, democracy, and lots of flag imagery front and center. The spot is being shown in six battleground states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.