Some news stories you might have missed:
• AP News: Montana has become the first state to specifically ban people dressed in drag from reading children’s books to children at public schools and libraries. Does the photo above look “sexualized” to you???
• Fox News: Even the conservative news outlet was unimpressed by the presidential campaign announcement by Ron DeSantis on Twitter Spaces today, which kept crashing due to technical issues.
Twitter Spaces crashes repeatedly during DeSantis 2024 announcementhttps://t.co/jwVcrq6yER
— Fox News (@FoxNews) May 24, 2023
• BosGuy: Check this list of entertainment offerings for Provincetown if you might be heading there this summer.
• LGBTQ Nation: A transgender designer who developed some of the products in Target’s 2023 Pride collection says he has received multiple death threats and other hateful messages amid the right-wing backlash to the collection.
"It was anticipated that there would be pushback, I don’t think anybody anticipated that it would be quite this extreme,” the designer said. #Target #Pride #LGBTQ https://t.co/on8bgHZjgI
— LGBTQ Nation (@lgbtqnation) May 24, 2023
• WUSA9: Former Army Ranger Robert Morss, of Pennsylvania, has been sentenced to 66 months (5.5 years) in prison for assaulting and robbing police in the Lower West Terrace Tunnel on January 6, 2021. #FuckAroundFindOut
• Washington Post: Richard “Bigo” Barnett, the Jan. 6 rioter who was photographed with his foot propped on a desk inside then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office and then tried to raise money off the images, was sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison Wednesday.
Richard Barnett, the Jan. 6 rioter who was photographed with his foot propped on a desk inside then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, was sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison. Soon after his arrest, Barnett offered autographed photos of the scene for $100. https://t.co/x9orNyforH
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) May 24, 2023