Some news stories you might have missed:
• Variety: Prosecutors are expected to drop manslaughter charges against Alec Baldwin in the accidental shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of “Rust” in October 2021. He could have faced up to 18 months in prison if convicted.
• The Advocate: Ali Alexander, a prominent member of Donald Trump’s MAGA team, apologized for asking teenage boys and young men for sexually explicit images. Essentially, a right-wing extremist has admitted to grooming minors for sexual purposes.
Donald Trump Supporter Ali Alexander Accused of Grooming Teenage Boys
— The Randy Report 🇺🇸 🏳️🌈🇺🇦 (@randyslovacek) April 20, 2023
• AP News: Twitter has quietly removed a policy against the “targeted misgendering or deadnaming of transgender individuals,” raising concerns that the Elon Musk-owned platform is becoming less safe for marginalized groups.
• Axios: On today’s high-flying informal holiday known as 4/20, cannabis is legally available in 20-plus states and Washington, D.C., while medicinal use is legal in 38 states.
Here's where cannabis and medical marijuana are legal this 4/20. https://t.co/W1EQxsrH2X pic.twitter.com/aQWbJgtFgw
— Axios (@axios) April 20, 2023
• Instinct Magazine: The cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 8 has been announced – 12 legendary returning queens vying for the crown, a spot in the “Drag Race Hall of Fame,” and a cash prize of $200,000.
• Twitter: If reelected, Donald Trump says he outlaw homelessness and arrest everyone who refuses to comply. He will then give them the option to get out of jail to be relocated to new tent cities elsewhere.
Listen to Trump speak below. I don’t think he has any idea what he’s saying.
Trump says he will outlaw homelessness and arrest everyone who refuses to comply. He will then give them the option to get out of jail to be relocated to new tent cities elsewhere where he will take care of their needs. pic.twitter.com/P5z5ckG8b6
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) April 18, 2023