Some news items you might have missed:
• Buzzfeed: During an appearance on Today, Lukas Gage (The White Lotus) confirmed everyone’s suspicions about his relationship with hairstylist Chris Appleton. “I’m very happy. Very much in love.”
• Texas Tribune: The Texas Senate’s latest sweeping public education bill would ban lessons about gender identity and sexual orientation up through 12th grade with very limited exceptions. Opponents say the restrictions are targeting the LGBTQ community.
• Instinct Magazine: “9-1-1 Lone Star” actor Brian Michael Smith speaks truth to power about transitioning and coming out as transgender publicly.
Brian Michael Smith Speaks Truth To Power About Transitioning https://t.co/MWlhrK5l0t #Entertainment #hotguys #LGBTQ #ourgaylife #Transgender pic.twitter.com/8CdtcWGEMt
— Instinct Magazine (@instinctmag) March 28, 2023
• Mashable: Half of all users subscribed to Twitter Blue have less than 1,000 followers. That’s approximately 220,132 paying subscribers. Moreover, 78,059 Twitter Blue subscribers have less than 100 followers and 2,270 Twitter Blue subscribers have zero followers.
• Washington Post: The parent of a 2nd-grader in Florida filed a formal objection against kids viewing the PG-rated Disney film Ruby Bridges, which tells the true story of the 6-year-old girl who walked through a White mob to integrate an elementary school in the South in 1960.
The parent said the film isn’t appropriate for children because it might teach them that “white people hate black people.”
The St. Petersburg parent said the film on school integration in the South isn’t appropriate, claiming it might teach students “white people hate black people.” https://t.co/AwKKvXemwc
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) March 28, 2023